Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

Fuel Pump Running when both key and kill switch is off

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ATOMBOMB 
#1 ·
I shut it off, and then it wouldnt start back, i let it set and it fired right up! A few days later i was moving it out of my garage. i shut the key off and the kill switch off and about 5 seconds later the fuel pump kicked on. I started it again, and shut it off, again 5 seconds later fuel pump kicked back on. After i thought about it, when it wasnt starting, the fuel pump must of been running. to cause it to flood it! I have heard it could be the kill switch, key switch, or i was thinking maybe a module, or a maybe the fuel pump sensor! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Adam​

#4 ·
!!!

Thanks Alot! I went by the local atv shop and they where able to copy the relay diagram out of the main manual for me, thats what it was..a bad relay! I swapped them around and that discovered my problem. So all i have to do now, is to get me a new relay! Thanks Alot! Adam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.