09 KFX450r Wont Start - Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

09 KFX450r Wont Start

Hey Guys Prepare To Read

So probably about a year ago my quad shut off in the middle of the woods and my power commander died on me so in the mean time while I saved up the money to get a replacement I used the OEM fuel injection also you should probably know my quad has a modquad intake system a full sparks racing exhaust with a after market air filter. So that probably wasn't my best idea but anyway a while after that somewhere on the cylinder head it started to leak oil so first I thought it was the valve cover gasket so I replaced that and then bought a stupid torque wrench to tighten the valve cover bolts to spec and the head snapped off on of the bolts and it also cracked the thread on the cylinder head caps so I brought it to a buddy who said he could fix it by JB welding it so that went well and when I tried tightening the single bolt on the left side the thread on the inside split in half and fell into the gap where the timing chain comes up and when I tried to take the caps off to get them out of the way one of the oil pipes fell in there as well. so after that I took the stator cover off and took the flywheel off and got the things out then my oil was looking milky its not anymore as of right now but im not sure how it got like that in the first place but it hasn't happend yet but at first I was going to take the engine out and ship it to someone to fix so I took the whole air system out and a lot of the things connected to the engine and then I put all that back together at least I hope and I ordered a used cylinder head and the guy I bought it from cleaned it numerous times and inspected it so I got the head and replaced it along with the head gasket and then I got all that back together and when I did the first crank with the new head it made a weird noise im not sure how to describe it but it sounded like it was just getting oil to the new head but im not sure then it turned over shut off and then It turned over and it was making a knocking noise from the cylinder or cylinder head not sure where but then I hit the kill switch and it wouldn't turn over again then all of a sudden only the started engaged and wasn't spinning any of the other gears to crank it and what happend was I forgot to tighten the flywheel bolt down all the way so I tightened that back down and re timed it to TDC and still nothing I tried using my spark plug from the old head I tested the spark I checked the fuel I dumped out the old fuel and put new in im stumped at this point im down to compression and valve issue I went and bought a compression tester but the thread does not fit in the spark plug hole so im not sure what I need to get for it to fit and im not sure how to use the feeler gauge I bought to check the valves.

PS: If need be I can send pictures/videos of the quad.

Please save my KFX
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in