my kfx wont start it isnt getting fuel - Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2009, 07:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

ok i was riding in the sand pits by my house and i rolled it down a hill and it was off when it was rolling it didnt hit anything just rolled and landed. then it wouldnt start it has spark i dont think that its getting fuel for some reson because it just keeps turning over and the engine wont start but i poured some gas ino the cylinder and it started right up butt then died when that gas was gone. whats my problem
whitey906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2009, 02:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

If you flipped it i'd start with the rollover sensor... they may have come loose and if it did, it won't run for more than a sec or two..
offroadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Jun 23 2009, 01:56 AM)
Quote:
If you flipped it i'd start with the rollover sensor... they may have come loose and if it did, it won't run for more than a sec or two..
I would start with your relays. If you're getting spark I don't think it's the roll-over sensor as this cuts spark to the engine. Check the ground on your fuel pump first to make sure it didn't come loose. If that's fine, check all your connections going to your pump and all fuses. Relay info can be found in a search on KFX450hq.com.
nkeen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

QUOTE (nkeen07 @ Jun 23 2009, 10:12 AM)
Quote:
I would start with your relays. If you're getting spark I don't think it's the roll-over sensor as this cuts spark to the engine. Check the ground on your fuel pump first to make sure it didn't come loose. If that's fine, check all your connections going to your pump and all fuses. Relay info can be found in a search on KFX450hq.com.
yeah i checked the roll over sensor that was still mounted what do i search on kfx450hq to find the relay
Old 06-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

QUOTE (nkeen07 @ Jun 23 2009, 07:12 AM)
Quote:
From what i've experienced and read from others (flipped mine once) if the RO sensor comes off it will start up and stall within a few seconds.. you'll have temporary spark till it kills it.

offroadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Jun 23 2009, 02:21 PM)
Quote:
From what i've experienced and read from others (flipped mine once) if the RO sensor comes off it will start up and stall within a few seconds.. you'll have temporary spark till it kills it.
yeah its not the roll over sensor ive already reset tht
Old 07-28-2009, 04:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

You have to turn the ignition off and on a couple of times to reset it after you tip it over!! then it should start
08' KFX 450r - Pro Armour fat peg nerfs with heel gaurds, Pro Armour kill, Shockwears, Power madd handgaurds, 1" scar industries bar risers, BKT H-Ds tyres, DG x2 pipe, DG national front bumper, Denton adjustable steering damper, Quad tech seat, PRM rear skid plate, Lonestar axle, IMS big tank, Fluidyne big radiator, A-arm gaurds, Fasst flexx bars, Fuel intake, J'n'J industries chassis + a-arm skids, PCIII, TCS triple rate front shocks, kickstart kit, Douglas beadlocks on rear, custom Planet atv's grafix (thanx Rich), race no - 88 Long Travel front end on its way!!

08' KFX 450R - LRD head and cams, ims tank, AC nerfs with built in heel gaurds and big pegs, twist throttle, DG national bumper, full chassis skids, LRD full exhaust, PCIII, Monster energy grafix + shock covers, intake mod, road registered, douglas front wheels, fluidlyne big rad, ITP tyres, Renthal grips,

2004 Yamaha Warrior 350
97 KDX 200
87' Garelli 323 trial
86' tri-z trike
Djr-xc-racer29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

when you turn the key on do you hear the fuel pump prime?if not check your pump fuse this is located in a group of harnesses thats wrapped in a rubber boot under you hood remove the rubber boot and youll see i believe two smaller fused harnesses one if for the fan i believe and one is the feul pump theres a spare fuse in each check that to see if its blown!
dasa/pc3/fci/kx cams/fox floats/elka rear/hydrolic clutch/lsr stem+carrier+adjustable axle/houser mgc +2.25 a arms/hids/itp hd tires/hiper tech 3's front/rear/pro armor swingerskid+nerfs+heal /guards+footpegs/odi grips/asv levers/ims3.7gallon gas tank/cv4 green hoses/alba case saver/tag polyurithane belly skid/15fs 36 rs
ononewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement