the big 3 - Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up the big 3

the big 3 is something i have wanted since i got my kfx and this is going to be the year i finally do it. (i hope).

now here are my three things that i want:

pciii from what i have read on here and many other sites it is the best, any other opinions for something easy for someone who has no experiance in this. also any tips on the pcii would be awesome.

fmf q4? this is my most questionable purchase i need something under 96db and i want to be able to get the most power and have a beauitful throaty sound, i have also been looking at dmc duals and lte duals, since i dont race and ride dunes and trails the weight isnt an issue.

intake: once again you guys all love fci and i think i might be convinced it seems like a great intake, either that or the k&n.

question time:

would putting wholes in the stock airbox w/ lid off help any?

also i was going to due this in steps, i was thinking pipe first so i have a nice sounding pipe for memorial day, will this hurt me without having the power commander? please list which way you would purchase them.

and if you guys know anyway of getting some of these for cheap or are seling something used, list it up i really need to find a bargain.

and lastly please post your suggestions for the pipe, this is what i am the most undecided on.

Thanks,
Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 09:36 PM

On the cheap:
• Find an LTR tube for the stock airbox (this will fix the most restricted part of this bike. which is the airbox tube that literally has a kink as it goes around the rear shock.)
along with a mesh lid like this one <-- I've seen a few others as well.
You will probably want to put a breather filter on the crank breather line if you go with the LTR tube.
This modification to the air box is by no means hard to do and will free up a lot of power. (easily done for >$100)

• Find a used (3 Button) Dobeck fuel controller. LEXX, motosport.. on and on Very easy to setup but will leave some power on the table that a properly tunes PC3 with a good map would have.
(I think there is one for sale on the kfx450hq website for $80 shipped)

• Buy a used full exhaust. Also one on kfx450hq for $300

Total > $500

Other options would be

• PC3 (plenty of maps for this floating around)
• PCV with autotune

As far as the FCI I have had no experience but everyone seems to love it. I just bought a CFM box which I really like. Has a lid and a drain hole.

My suggestion would be to pick a budget and go from there. But if you want to do it on the cheap I don't think you can do it for much less that what I have come up with.

Last edited by kmastl; 09-12-2011 at 09:41 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

wow i just noticed that thread there, that pipe is an awesome deal. definitly going to have to keep my eyes open for more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in