I need help with kfx450r - Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Arrow I need help with kfx450r

Hey guys! I have a 2008 KFX450r. I use to be riding the quad all the time perfectly fine I put some work into it here and there and then it started this problem with bogging and backfiring. When I reach like a certain RPM the quad seems to bog like its not getting fuel and then sometimes it backfires. I also just put a new fuel injector in it and that didnt seem to help. So please somebody HELP ME! Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 03:26 PM

check your fuel pump, mine would bog after about half throttle ive replaced two already.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 07:48 PM

Ya pull off the fuel line under the tank turn your key on use a bottle or bucket to put over the fuel pump line when key is turned on if the fuel poles into the bottle your pumps done it needs to shoot into the bottle I had a similar issue half to full trottle would bog!

• 2009 monster energy kfx 450r
dasa/pc3/fci/kx cams/fox floats/elka rear/hydrolic clutch/lsr stem+carrier+adjustable axle/houser mgc +2.25 a arms/hids/itp hd tires/hiper tech 3's front/rear/pro armor swingerskid+nerfs+heal /guards+footpegs/odi grips/asv levers/ims3.7gallon gas tank/cv4 green hoses/alba case saver/tag polyurithane belly skid/15fs 36 rs

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the reply guys! it ended up being the fuel pump and it was under warranty so im all good. thanks
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to desert1444 Send a message via MSN to desert1444 Send a message via Yahoo to desert1444
good pump?

I have a 2008 450 that i have replaced the fuel pump on twice using just the pump and not the whole assembly. I still get very low flow but good pressure does anyone know of a good pump to put in the assembly so far i have used a Caltric and a kemso and the Kemso was worse but that was what was in it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 07:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to desert1444 Send a message via MSN to desert1444 Send a message via Yahoo to desert1444
Unregulated

Hello
Answered my own question on the higher RPM bog/drop out. I monitored the fuel pressure when running and found that pressure was perfect at idle or with a dead end test but with inline and running test found that fuel pressure would drop to 15 lbs and then slowly recover to 42psi and run normally until it dropped below 35psi and it would lag at 15 psi. Replace fuel pressure regulator inside pump assembly and bada bing, fixed. Moral of the story if you are going to replace the pump inside the assembly replace the regulator or buy the 400.00 Kawasaki assembly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in