KFX450 intake with complete air box - Page 2 - Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 07:57 PM

I paid $200 for the dyno

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 07:13 PM

QUOTE (k4f5x0r @ Mar 11 2008, 05:01 PM)
Quote:
Hey i plan on gettnig this later in the year when it warms up. I was wondering if i got FUELATV KFX450 Complete intake with Aluminum air box.

It has EVERYTHING to intall straight inplace of the stock airbox? Also if i got it how would i have to tune my power commander with my yoshi slip on?

Get it. You won't be disappointed. I installed my full Fuel airbox/intake kit and a Dasa exhaust system, and the results were freakin' amazing!!! I KILLED a friend's LTR450 ('08, like my KFX) with a DG exhaust and a Cherry bomb... The thing is wicked responsive, and just ridiculoously fast... I love it. Oh, and it's loud with the 13" exhaust...

Oh, forgot to mention. I was so unhappy with the stock KFX' fueling, that I bought a Trinity Stage IV controller before I decided on which intake/exhaust system to buy. Even with this relatively simple controller, the fueling is now impressively accurate and smooth. Get a Dyno jet map that most closely approximates your set-up, then fine tune it a bit with the buttons. When you can afford it, pay for the dyno time. But it isn't an absolute necessity.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 07:27 PM

Its not really price with the dyno its just there isnt ANY and i mean ANYPLACE near me that dyno's. idiots that run the island say oh well these **** quads shouldnt be riding around on state land.

but we fight back saying. WHERE THE F*** ARE WE SUPPOSED TO RIDE?!?! there is one mx track here but ofcourse if your under 16 you have to ride **** 90. i mean WTF A 90?! and they check with I.D. too.

ive already tried searching for a place to get it dyno'd on google. but i can turn up any results. So i guess ill just have to use the sparkplug trick when i go to tune it. The line should be right at the bend? or a bit above.

But yea Shawn Demory really convinced me to get this. Fuel Ill probably hit you up with a PM in a week or so. Ill see after i get the money together.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Rhino1 @ Mar 17 2008, 03:14 PM)
Quote:
Get it. You won't be disappointed. I installed my full Fuel airbox/intake kit and a Dasa exhaust system, and the results were freakin' amazing!!! I KILLED a friend's LTR450 ('08, like my KFX) with a DG exhaust and a Cherry bomb... The thing is wicked responsive, and just ridiculoously fast... I love it. Oh, and it's loud with the 13" exhaust...

Oh, forgot to mention. I was so unhappy with the stock KFX' fueling, that I bought a Trinity Stage IV controller before I decided on which intake/exhaust system to buy. Even with this relatively simple controller, the fueling is now impressively accurate and smooth. Get a Dyno jet map that most closely approximates your set-up, then fine tune it a bit with the buttons. When you can afford it, pay for the dyno time. But it isn't an absolute necessity.
Here are a couple pics of my intake/Dasa (they were taken out in the desert, so the bike is a bit dirty... :

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 08:39 PM

i dont have any plans to get a DASA anymore. WAYYYYYY to loud for where we ride. Ill end up getting the intake then settle down for a while.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 04:21 PM

Here is my fuel map for those interested..It was done in Phx AZ so about 1500 feet above SL...minimal humidity... dasa, pciii & fuelatv intake..

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 11:46 PM

i got your intake a couple days ago and i just wanted to say i love it it has been one of the best parts ive gotten soo far i love the power gain i got from it keep up the good work
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 12:52 PM

im wanting one of these but i cannot find one under 235 or more for tube an aibox if anyone has a used one or can find one a little cheaper please let me know asap!
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 02:57 PM

Go with a FCI. (Fuel Customs) not fuel atv. The fuel atv is a ltr tube with a box.
FCI Intake Kit, Intake Tech Quad Shop @ TQSATV.COM

Search on ebay for FCI for kfx450. Sometimes you can find a cheaper one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in