KFX450 intake with complete air box - Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Here are some photos of my FUELATV intake with complete aluminum air box. Once the box is installed it will add more area then the stock box. This intake uses the same oversized billet adaptor, NEW intake tube and inverted cone filter as my air box eliminator intake. The box has a front, bottom and sides ..... no lid. The air box version and the air box eliminator version made the same HP numbers on the dyno.

FUELATV

We ride, test and use all the products we sell. No drop shipments, No broken promises, No BS, Just Top quality proven parts at a great price. PM me for the best prices, best service and best delivery. Everyone else talks the talk we walk the walk. FUELATV is always testing to make better products and more HP for you ........ its just the way we do it.

FUELATV Air box and Air Box eliminator Intakes for the KFX450 are instock and ready to ship
Dasa pipes - ALWAYS in Stock at UNBEATABLE PRICES
Precision Stablizers - ALWAYS in stock and DISCOUNTED
i-shock suspension - All kits instock, onsale and ready to ship

FUELATV Bumpers, Cooler Racks, Anti-Vibe stems, DASA Exhaust Systems, i-shock supension, Yoshimura, Power Commanders, Custom Graphics kits, Gripper seat covers, Flexx bars, Precision Stablizers, and More.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 12:51 PM

hey fuel, i was just wondering when these shipped out. i ordered one a few weeks ago and i just want to know a rough day i might get it by.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

All air box kits on order have shipped out. These kits are instock now and ready to ship. UPS Quantumview Notify e-mails were sent out with the tracking numbers to the e-mail address on the paypal payment. PM me with the name and address on the payment and i can get your tracking number if you have not recieved it.

FUELATV

We ride, test and use all the products we sell. No drop shipments, No broken promises, No BS, Just Top quality proven parts at a great price. PM me for the best prices, best service and best delivery. Everyone else talks the talk we walk the walk. FUELATV is always testing to make better products and more HP for you ........ its just the way we do it.

FUELATV Air box and Air Box eliminator Intakes for the KFX450 are instock and ready to ship

FUELATV Bumpers, Cooler Racks, Anti-Vibe stems, DASA Exhaust Systems, i-shock supension, Yoshimura, Power Commanders, Custom Graphics kits, Gripper seat covers, Flexx bars, Precision Stablizers, and More.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 09:00 PM

Hey i plan on gettnig this later in the year when it warms up. I was wondering if i got FUELATV KFX450 Complete intake with Aluminum air box.

It has EVERYTHING to intall straight inplace of the stock airbox? Also if i got it how would i have to tune my power commander with my yoshi slip on?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 01:16 AM

QUOTE (k4f5x0r @ Mar 11 2008, 05:01 PM)
Quote:
Hey i plan on gettnig this later in the year when it warms up. I was wondering if i got FUELATV KFX450 Complete intake with Aluminum air box.

It has EVERYTHING to intall straight inplace of the stock airbox? Also if i got it how would i have to tune my power commander with my yoshi slip on?
The airobx and intake tube bolt right on, it's real easy to install with minimal effort (and also looks good too), for sure you will need to get it dyno'd otherwise it won't run properly given the air/fuel mixture is not right for your set up

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 07:36 AM

so id HAVE to get it dyno'd? i couldnt just customize a map or get the map from someone else who did this? im really just a recreational rider(NOT mx just basically xc with friends. hillclimbs jumps etc) and i was looking to get a bit more power out of it.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 11:17 AM

QUOTE (k4f5x0r @ Mar 12 2008, 03:37 AM)
Quote:
so id HAVE to get it dyno'd? i couldnt just customize a map or get the map from someone else who did this? im really just a recreational rider(NOT mx just basically xc with friends. hillclimbs jumps etc) and i was looking to get a bit more power out of it.
You can use a map from someone else with the same mods, it'll certainly work as a starting point but every quad is different so it will not be an exact. Just as an example, I did excactly what you mentioned, used a map that came from a quad with the same exact mods....It worked but when I took it in to be dyno'd I wound up with an additional 3hp and a much better curve, here's my dyno.

Attached Images
File Type: gif dyno1.GIF (191.1 KB, 11 views)
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 05:16 PM

oh alright. hey FUEL if you read this do you happen to have/know of a setting with your airbox and the yoshi slip on together on the kfx?

i cant really run an any louder pipe where i ride because people always complain.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

Powercommander offers a good selection of maps on their site. I do not know of any maps available with my intake but you could possibly look for something similar. Maybe something like M226-014, the intake does not compart to mine but it will be a better starting point than what comes with the programmer.

offroadhunter is right, every bike is different, every condition is different. There are too many variables in the equation to use something someone else has made and get the best from your bike. You will always find better numbers if it is tuned to your conditions and your bike.

FUELATV

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 04:28 PM

If i could find a place that dyno's i would. But i dont think there is one near me. Anyway how much should a normal tuning plus dyno'ing cost?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in