bcs motor bulid - Page 2 - Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to kevinpowerski
hey guy thanks for being so patient . i know it has been a while since this post has been created . the motor is back in the quad now i'm going throught the breakin now and then i well have some numbers for you guys . The motor seems to have alot more toqure but wont know all the details until we tune it in on the dyno this weekend stay close
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 12:55 AM

Sweetness

HAD kfx400 (504cc)
HAD kfx450r

Now Have: Two Feet
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

HEY GUY'S I have finally got a chance to rip the new motor and the power is great it seems to have a lot of toqure . I am having some issues with the rings sealing up right .but it does not seem to hurt the power I have taken some extra care to try help the rings seal up but they just dont want to . so I am wating to her from bcs if it would be ok to run on the dyno like that but they did do a great job porting the head it looked real nice and makes good power . I am hoping to see mid 50"s I have a customers bike here that dynod at 48 and this ones is alot faster I will keep you posted in the next few days

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 11:32 AM

which piston and comp. did u go with...im in the middle of a rebuild myself.....went with the CP

yeah, but does it go fast!!!
2 RAPTOR 700

MOBILE DYNO... THE BEST service/ TUNE IN SO-CAL
Located in Hesperia Ca.
WWW.HIGHDESERTDYNO.COM
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 01:20 PM

QUOTE (kevinpowerski @ Oct 23 2008, 10:43 PM)
Quote:
HEY GUY'S I have finally got a chance to rip the new motor and the power is great it seems to have a lot of toqure . I am having some issues with the rings sealing up right .but it does not seem to hurt the power I have taken some extra care to try help the rings seal up but they just dont want to . so I am wating to her from bcs if it would be ok to run on the dyno like that but they did do a great job porting the head it looked real nice and makes good power . I am hoping to see mid 50"s I have a customers bike here that dynod at 48 and this ones is alot faster I will keep you posted in the next few days
I'd think it's gotta dyno mid 50s.....big 3 plus cams dyno's just under 50 (yes they are all diff I know the drill)...Sounds sweet for sure!

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Oct 24 2008, 11:21 AM)
Quote:
I'd think it's gotta dyno mid 50s.....big 3 plus cams dyno's just under 50 (yes they are all diff I know the drill)...Sounds sweet for sure!
I belive that jay used 14:8:1 cp but I will ask him to be certian.as for dyno numbers I have not ran it yet it is having some trouble sealing up the rings but not to worry it is just a small issue > I am super ready to dyno it .it should pull some good numbers the power is awesome and every where . jay at bcs did a good job on the head the web cams he uses are a real good cam .
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 12:14 AM

Send a message via MSN to masterp0606
Stupid question but how can you tell if the rings aren't sealing up right?

2008 kfx 450 White and Black

13 In dasa pipe
FCI Intake
Pc3
KX cams
Je piston 12.8:1

Other Toys
2004 Pontiac GTO Mods coming soon

Pocket rocket 49cc High performance carb,and Nos LOL
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Well you can check comp and you can usally see blow by. I was not completely sure if that was it or not so I pulled it a part. I checked the valve seats and stem seals and put a new piston in. I have been waiting for parts from jay at BCS but they never showed up so I fixed my self and it is runninig great . I pulled 52 hp at 5,200 elevation With 34Hp base line I like the webb Cam shafts because it is between hot cams stage 2 and 3 . Bcs customer service was not very good for me but it is easy to make a mistake when buliding a motor . If you want to wait along time for your parts to arrive these are your guys . they did do a great job with my head and it make great power. thanks jay
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 08:32 AM
BCS

Kevin we were waiting for you to call us back to let us know what you needed for parts, You said you were gonna call us back for the rings. If there is anything you need from us call us and we'll get it shipped to you. We have moved to a differant location and our new number is 413-736-2201

BCS Performance
57 B school street
South Hadley MA, 01075
bcsperformance.com
413-348-9033

15% off shock service now until February 1st
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in