Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody heard anything about the 2009 kfx 450 like when its going to be released. right now i have a 07 suzuki z400 and i am wanting to upgrade to the kfx. i like reverse and fuel injection. im weary of the 08's cuz i have read some bout oil leaks and little defects like that. hopeing that kawasaki will fix those for 09. im plannin on buying one when they come out. so yea. if anybody is interested in a z let me know

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just go buy one! I switched from a z to the kfx450 and it's 210 times better. I bought the first green one my dealer had in March of 07, raced mx all year and only had a problem with the tank. They recalled that and it's no longer an issue. Most of the other stuff were isolated incindents. I would'nt worry and go buy one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ive had mine since november and nothing has gone wrong at all. As long as you do the 10 hour break in period and keep good maintenance on it, the thing will last forever. We still have a 01 300ex thats running as fast as the new 06's.
instead of changing the oil every 100 hors as it recomends i change it every 15-20. and i clean the airfiler every 2-3 rides(if each ride is about 5 hours)

basically im saying.. GET IT!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (k4f5x0r @ Mar 23 2008, 05:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7555
Ive had mine since november and nothing has gone wrong at all. As long as you do the 10 hour break in period and keep good maintenance on it, the thing will last forever. We still have a 01 300ex thats running as fast as the new 06's.
instead of changing the oil every 100 hors as it recomends i change it every 15-20. and i clean the airfiler every 2-3 rides(if each ride is about 5 hours)

basically im saying.. GET IT!

alrite thanks for all the help so far. im def going to get one then. i have sat on them and like the way they feel. now i just have to sell my z... ahhh ne body want it? lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
if you do get one find a 1986 kawasaki tecate-3 tranny and make a way to put that in it then change the gearing to like 13/40 and your going to be on a rocket

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (tecate_gt5 @ Mar 24 2008, 12:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7572
if you do get one find a 1986 kawasaki tecate-3 tranny and make a way to put that in it then change the gearing to like 13/40 and your going to be on a rocket
umm alrite. but prolly not gonna do that specialy to a brand new one.. maybe 5 years down the road. is there someting special about that tranny or sumtin?

·
Registered
83 Posts
No that's just someone who had nothing to say so they tried anyway. The kfx it a great quad and you will be very happy.I is always scary buying a new one when you dont know what to expect. The quad is great tere was a recall and it only affected the tank the found that issue as soon as they hit the floor. Kawsaki is already on their sixth prod run so it is a sound unit any changes that need to be made were done a long time ago good luck you will love it I have own trx yfz ltz and now the kf x no remorse at all

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (hifiby @ Mar 25 2008, 04:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7615
umm alrite. but prolly not gonna do that specialy to a brand new one.. maybe 5 years down the road. is there someting special about that tranny or sumtin?
yeah kinda! back then that bike and still is the fastest 0 to 60 as far as stock goes evan 450s with pipes cant beat it in a drag........and for this guy^ above me who said i had nothing to say your wrong i know the isshue of gearing and thats a great way to fix it

QUOTE (kevinpowerski @ Apr 1 2008, 09:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7840
No that's just someone who had nothing to say so they tried anyway. The kfx it a great quad and you will be very happy.I is always scary buying a new one when you dont know what to expect. The quad is great tere was a recall and it only affected the tank the found that issue as soon as they hit the floor. Kawsaki is already on their sixth prod run so it is a sound unit any changes that need to be made were done a long time ago good luck you will love it I have own trx yfz ltz and now the kf x no remorse at all
what do you like/dislike about each?im going to get either an ltr or kfx and cant choose

·
Registered
35 Posts
ltr is wide but if ur going to race either one there both the same really besides the ltr being wider but everyone swaps stock out when thy race so that doesnt really matter and you dont want wide on tight trails it sucks lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts