Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if you saw the latest but the 09 ktm 450sx looks real sweet....but I can't imagine spending $11,400+ tax...even with a few bucks off from the dealer you'll still spend close to $12k out the door... I'd have to think any of the other 450's could be purchased new, OTD, with serious mods for less than $12k and easily compete with the ktm.... (just my 2 pennies..)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wouldnt be surprised if you want alittle while and dealers will be selling them for under $10,000. No one is going to buy them at that price. Its all cause the american dollar is so weak

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (05greenmachine @ Aug 2 2008, 08:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10667
I wouldnt be surprised if you want alittle while and dealers will be selling them for under $10,000. No one is going to buy them at that price. Its all cause the american dollar is so weak
Yea that's true, was talking with the local kawi/suzuki dealer, the sport atv market is at a standstill, the street bikes are flying off the floor and they can hardly keep enough inventory to meet the demand.. Utility and side by sides are just a little better than the sport market.. They gonna have to drop the prices on those ktms to sell em

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree with the price coming down. Even though the KTM comes really race ready with the beadlocks and shocks, you can do that with a $5,000 Kfx and only have no more than $7,000 in it total.

·
Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (Kyle_quadman @ Nov 21 2008, 01:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14883
I agree with the price coming down. Even though the KTM comes really race ready with the beadlocks and shocks, you can do that with a $5,000 Kfx and only have no more than $7,000 in it total.
2 grand in mods won't put a KFX anywhere near the ballpark of the KTM. I own a KFX and the KTM 525XC and it'd take a good bit of motor work beyond the "big three" to get the Kawi anywhere near the power of the KTM (over 1 grand alone). If you're trying to compete with the 450sx or 505sx, you'll need wider a-arms (+ extended brake lines), axle, and shocks as well. Plus a kill switch, nerf bars and those beadlocks that come with much better tires than the stock Dunflops the Kawi comes with. As you can see, you will be spending way more than $2k in accessories to compete. And if you were to pursue the kind of power the KTM makes, you'll be voiding the warranty of the Kawi in the process, meanwhile the KTM is breezing by you with a full warranty in tact. Not trying to break your heart here, just being realistic. And that was without me including what it'd cost you to put a hydraulic clutch and all those other nice little features of the KTM.

·
Registered
50 Posts
QUOTE (Ben_Johnson @ Nov 22 2008, 01:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14963
2 grand in mods won't put a KFX anywhere near the ballpark of the KTM. I own a KFX and the KTM 525XC and it'd take a good bit of motor work beyond the "big three" to get the Kawi anywhere near the power of the KTM (over 1 grand alone). If you're trying to compete with the 450sx or 505sx, you'll need wider a-arms (+ extended brake lines), axle, and shocks as well. Plus a kill switch, nerf bars and those beadlocks that come with much better tires than the stock Dunflops the Kawi comes with. As you can see, you will be spending way more than $2k in accessories to compete. And if you were to pursue the kind of power the KTM makes, you'll be voiding the warranty of the Kawi in the process, meanwhile the KTM is breezing by you with a full warranty in tact. Not trying to break your heart here, just being realistic. And that was without me including what it'd cost you to put a hydraulic clutch and all those other nice little features of the KTM.
I'm not saying you are wrong, because I know the KTM makes a lot of power (even the 450). But you said you own a KFX and a KTM 525. You really can't compare the power of a 525 to a 450. I'm sure the KTM 450 makes way more power than a KFX... Just saying. But I do agree 100% about the mods you have to do to compare the two.

·
Registered
70 Posts
QUOTE (raredirt @ Dec 9 2008, 01:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15214
Don't know if this will apply to the quads or not regardless if this is allowed and affects the KTM most of us will no longer be in the market for one.

http://www.racerxonline.com/article/propos...otorcycles.aspx
let me get this straight, europe is banning beef, so the US trade officials want to hurt motorcycle dealers in the US. what sense does that make? they should ban something they currently import from europe that won't further damage our economy as severely

·
Registered
56 Posts
I went to the International Motorcycle Show at Long Beach last weekend and was looking at the KTM's, ya know......those things may be fast and come with nice suspension and all... but they are fugly, and IMO way over priced.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I gave $6100 for my kfx . Ktm's are listed at $11398 . That's $5298 difference ! With that much money n mods . There's no way a ktm can compete ! No one can honestly belive that a 41mm carbed machine could . Not to even mention that by building it urself it's custom built to ur tastes not genaric !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts