Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Whats the best Mods to start with for the 450? I want to keep the cost down at first,but want to able to
upgrade. I see alot of people are starting with a slip on,air box mod and a pc upgrade?
Thanks Jim..

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (jkaw59 @ May 3 2008, 08:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8598
Hello,
Whats the best Mods to start with for the 450? I want to keep the cost down at first,but want to able to
upgrade. I see alot of people are starting with a slip on,air box mod and a pc upgrade?
Thanks Jim..
If you change the intake and add pciii you should go with a full exhaust...that'll give a significant increase in hp...probably run in the $1k range but well worth every penny, check out FuelAtv...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Everybody insists on a full exhaust.... The restrictive part of the exhaust on the KFX is the muffler, not the header/mid pipe. There's no harsh bends, no baffles, it's a decent size diameter, and it's higher quality than a lot of the aftermarket pipes you'll see. (Titanium vs stainless)

The intake, however, IS pretty terrible. That weird rectangular useless thing they put in there is laughable. Can't flow much air through something the size of a quarter, can ya...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts