Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just took out my 450 for a ride head pipe real hot on leg would a ceramic head pipe be better to reduce heat

·
Registered
220 Posts
Once I went with my yoshi full exhaust and since the head pipe is closer to the fram, doesnt burn as much.

Larry

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the Dasa with the stock heat shield on the front, it took a little work but was well worth it.

I just used a couple hose clamps and some nuts that fit the stock heat shield bolts. This allowed me to put the heat shield where it worked best for me. I will try to take some photo's and post them.

You could do this with probably almost any aftermarket pipe that doesn't have heat shields or mounts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (raredirt @ Aug 24 2008, 04:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11333
I have the Dasa with the stock heat shield on the front, it took a little work but was well worth it.

I just used a couple hose clamps and some nuts that fit the stock heat shield bolts. This allowed me to put the heat shield where it worked best for me. I will try to take some photo's and post them.

You could do this with probably almost any aftermarket pipe that doesn't have heat shields or mounts.
thanks for the help

·
Registered
111 Posts
Okay some photos of it installed. To give you some more details basically. I got the hardware and did a test fit of it over the pipe and slid the nuts under and tightened it up. This let me know which teeth I needed to clip out of the hose clamp so the allen bolt would thread through. Once those were clipped I put everything back in place tightened it up. Then loosely threaded in the allen bolts so that I could adjust the final position of the heat shield.

Someone had did the same thing on my old 350X except they drilled a hole through the hose clamp which would work as well.

If anyone has any additional questions feel free to pm me or ask me here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts