Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE READ A LOT OF THE THREADS ON HERE ABOUT ENGINE MODIFICATION, AND HAVEN'T REALLY FOUND AN ANSWER. I HAVE INSTALLED THE DASA 13, PCIII, AND A CUSTOM INTAKE, (MY OWN NOT FUELS) AND IT MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE. I TRAIL RIDE FOR THE MOST PART, BUT ALSO DO SOME 300 FT. DRAGS. I'M RUNNING LOWERED FOR RACING AS MOST ARE FOR TRACTION CONTROL , WHICH KEEPS MY FRONT END ON THE GROUND. NO INTERNAL MODS YET. I'M RUNNING ABOUT HALF A SECOND AWAY FROM BEING REALLLY COMPETITIVE. MY NEXT EASY STEP IS TO PLAY WITH MY GEARING AND SEE IF I CAN ADD SOME TIME FROM THAT. MY BIGGEST QUESTION IS WHAT CAN I DO TO GET INTO THE 55-56 HP RANGE. CAMS?, PISTONS?, HEAD WORK?, I'M NOT MUCH OF A WRENCH MYSELF SO I'M ALSO LOOKING FOR A SOURCE OF SOMEONE THAT CAN DO THE WORK. ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
285 Posts
QUOTE (stgpainter @ Sep 2 2008, 10:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11488
I HAVE READ A LOT OF THE THREADS ON HERE ABOUT ENGINE MODIFICATION, AND HAVEN'T REALLY FOUND AN ANSWER. I HAVE INSTALLED THE DASA 13, PCIII, AND A CUSTOM INTAKE, (MY OWN NOT FUELS) AND IT MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE. I TRAIL RIDE FOR THE MOST PART, BUT ALSO DO SOME 300 FT. DRAGS. I'M RUNNING LOWERED FOR RACING AS MOST ARE FOR TRACTION CONTROL , WHICH KEEPS MY FRONT END ON THE GROUND. NO INTERNAL MODS YET. I'M RUNNING ABOUT HALF A SECOND AWAY FROM BEING REALLLY COMPETITIVE. MY NEXT EASY STEP IS TO PLAY WITH MY GEARING AND SEE IF I CAN ADD SOME TIME FROM THAT. MY BIGGEST QUESTION IS WHAT CAN I DO TO GET INTO THE 55-56 HP RANGE. CAMS?, PISTONS?, HEAD WORK?, I'M NOT MUCH OF A WRENCH MYSELF SO I'M ALSO LOOKING FOR A SOURCE OF SOMEONE THAT CAN DO THE WORK. ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
i havent heard of a reliable head porter yet......stage 2 hotcams will help
u can send your throttle body to KDS racing for a throttle body bore +2 or 3
www.kdsracing.com 540-818-9154

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would talk to jay at bcs he did my motor and he is good he is buliding pro level motors for most of the top guy"s 413 348 9033 tell him kevin sent you . the only thing he does not supply is diapers lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm happy with my Hetrick racing porting too. They are a satellite KFX450 factory racing team and are always looking to make this bike faster.

Hetrick also has intake/exhaust cams and pistons too.

Good Luck,
Larry

·
Registered
122 Posts
My motor was built by dasa and I am extremely happy with it. I have been racing for 8 years and this has been one of the best motors I have had yet. I am not saying reliability wise (though I have had no issues) but as far as good pulling motor. I am not sponsored by them so this is total opinion. It does kill the reliability of the motor by leaps (new top end every 25 hrs) but runs good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (MXrider38 @ Sep 9 2008, 05:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11694
My motor was built by dasa and I am extremely happy with it. I have been racing for 8 years and this has been one of the best motors I have had yet. I am not saying reliability wise (though I have had no issues) but as far as good pulling motor. I am not sponsored by them so this is total opinion. It does kill the reliability of the motor by leaps (new top end every 25 hrs) but runs good.

when you talk about a new top end every 25 hours, is that something you send to them to go through each time or is that something you do yourself. also, if you don't mind me asking what kind of cost is envolved in having them build a motor? i have tried to contact bcs through e-mail and have not yet gotten a response. what is the best way to contact dasa?

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
QUOTE (stgpainter @ Sep 10 2008, 05:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11742
what is the best way to contact dasa?

Their website is dasaracing.com. Look up in the upper right hand corner for their phone number. For right now, that is probably the best way.

·
Registered
122 Posts
QUOTE (stgpainter @ Sep 10 2008, 08:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11742
when you talk about a new top end every 25 hours, is that something you send to them to go through each time or is that something you do yourself. also, if you don't mind me asking what kind of cost is envolved in having them build a motor? i have tried to contact bcs through e-mail and have not yet gotten a response. what is the best way to contact dasa?

No just get yourself a service manual and do it yourself. Besure to check the valves while you are at it. You can get the topend kits from dasa. You are gonna want to get your throttle body bored and the injector modded also. You will also need a tune after.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts