Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i wasnt %100 sure where to post this at but here it goes, my friend recently bought a used kfx from a dealer that they swore hasnt seen any real roughness but its got a few probs when compared up to mine (all stock, bought new last june) when we went over it and eyeballed it everything seems in order yet theres a rattle that comes from somewhere when your keeping the revs up, it comes from around the back of the engine it sounds like either the engine is gonna fly out or a whole mess of plastic will, any theories?

secondly the steering feels a little whacked, you could be riding along just fine and the bars suddenly feel like a front rim is loose or something (which they for sure are not) so if its not that what else could it be?

and last...the throttles somewhat stiff, and yes i know how odd that sounds, my kfx hasnt remotely had any problems like these and i told him to go to that dealer and give them a piece of his mind but he refuses staying consistent with the kawi, saying these arent big issues (i guess i would agree) but still i didnt think it would hurt to ask to see if we cant get this kawi runnin like a...kaddy again

thanks for input

·
Registered
637 Posts
If he purchased it recently he should go back to the dealer..hopefully it's under warranty.. Does it have a skid plate? the rattling could be coming from there..not sure about the other issues but for sure id be back at the dealer's doorstep

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok we (as in i tagged along) took it to the dealer for a quick look where like 4 of us just stood in a circle around it and came to the conclusions that the rattling since everything is tightened to specs most likely is the chain or the skidplate so we tightened both up (couldnt ride, raining on and off) so well see how that turns out, then one mech said that if it keeps rattling keeps happening just ride the pi** out of it till it fixes itself, ask not what you can do for the kfx but what it can do for you....priceless
, sounded funnier hearing it.

then they said the throttle should be good, and that its liekly got dust or dirt somewhere in it so we gave it a wd40 bath and gotta see how that works

pretty much the only head scratcher was the steering, as everything was in place with it too, so hes gotta take it back in another week for a weekend checkup but in the meantime just be easy on it and see if the other stuff works....

oh and a quick question on my part, why is the gearing so low on the kfx? at first i just thought it was due to tires/sprockets but there the same as almost any other stock 450 i mean for example on my R on a 14t sprocket you get too much 1st gear and on the kfx you can get enough 1st (even with 15 its basically the same) which isnt really a bad thing but im just curious why? is it just the way the efi is set or what?

thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i hear that, but what is it exactly, like when i eventually do get a pipe and programmer i can just program and space out the gears a little?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts