Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to bag on FUELATV products, but its not worth paying around $300 for an intake tube, filter, and brackets. The FUELATV intake tube is exactly the same as a LTR 450 and its only around $40, and a K and N filter is only $50. So save yourself $200 and do it yourself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do, But its all torn apart because im powdercoating everything. but once together i will post pics

·
Registered
285 Posts
FUELATV PRODUCTS are well worth the money spent....on my kawi i took the cheap way out and added a ltr tube with a lot of time/work..... after purchasing a trinity intake and not being happy with the power....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure they're nice and all, but why not save a couple hundred dollars in the process.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I have built a perfect combination that is a simple bolt on product. In doing so it has taken away the guess work and headaches from people having to build their own kit. The fit and finish are flawless. The HP is proven. You will not find a product that compares to what I have to offer. Believe me when I say I have spent more time than you could ever imagine making this product right. Its not just an intake tube and filter mounted with zip ties! I spent countless hours looking for a filter manufacture that would fit my needs. In doing so I narrowed down my search and only settled for the best. My filters are an 8 LAYER filter to keep the cr-- out of your motor. Try doing that with a K&N (3 layer) and you will find debris in your intake (not something I would want to sell to any of my customers). My intakes were designed to create more velocity than any other intake kit, giving it proven HP gains.
Besides, how much time have you spent on a dyno making sure your intake tube and filter can produce the same power gains that the FUEL intake has? How much time have you spent providing a custom Fuel map to compliment your intake tube and filter?
Does your intake tube theory include a custom powdercoated aluminum air box with velocity stack?

the duv, look forward to seeing the pics. Hope they are of comparrison to these

FUELATV

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
QUOTE (theduv @ Mar 11 2008, 05:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7223
Not to bag on FUELATV products, but its not worth paying around $300 for an intake tube, filter, and brackets. The FUELATV intake tube is exactly the same as a LTR 450 and its only around $40, and a K and N filter is only $50. So save yourself $200 and do it yourself.
theduv
By the way I forgot to ask how u are going to adapt the intake tube w/out an adaptor ring or mount the filter to the tube w/out the billet velocity stack? Just a couple things to add to your price list! Hardware? Breather hose and fittings? Custom powdercoated aluminum air box?
There are several items in which I believe you did not mention, just want to make sure when u r talking about price that you include every item needed. I would hate for someone to spend $100.00 and not realize that not only are they missing half the items needed, but haven't even begun to imagine how much work is involved with building an airbox.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (FUELATV @ Mar 12 2008, 07:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7249
theduv
By the way I forgot to ask how u are going to adapt the intake tube w/out an adaptor ring or mount the filter to the tube w/out the billet velocity stack? Just a couple things to add to your price list! Hardware? Breather hose and fittings? Custom powdercoated aluminum air box?
There are several items in which I believe you did not mention, just want to make sure when u r talking about price that you include every item needed. I would hate for someone to spend $100.00 and not realize that not only are they missing half the items needed, but haven't even begun to imagine how much work is involved with building an airbox.
And to add to your point Fuel, what would the end result look like is important also, of course I could have saved a few $$'s but if it was held together with a wire coat hanger and zip ties then i'd pass for sure. Fuel's product is real tight, when looking at it people have no idea if it's stock or aftermarket, again equally important for me...just my thoughts..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I get my quad done powdercoating and put back together with some pics, you'll see that it isnt some zip tied piece of shiz, it will look very good and sleeper style. And i will have a custom map by Hansen Performance that I'll post the dyno chart as well. And add to that, whos cares if you have a "custom powdercoated box". You'll stop blabbin when I post pics of mine, and no it won't take countless hours of headache. Thats only for dumb people that dont know how to do anything, thats they buy an overpriced intake such as yours. But thanks for the pics FUEL, they're real nice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also, Yeah you put down good numbers on the dyno, congrats. But it means nothing unless you can put those numbers on the hill.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
QUOTE (dlkfx450 @ Mar 12 2008, 06:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7265
Home Depot RACING section "custom intake" LOL
Well..... I guess thats better than Walmart's Automotive section. U know, the one around the corner from the ATV tires!

·
Registered
165 Posts
QUOTE (theduv @ Mar 11 2008, 08:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7223
Any photos yet? Thanks for the info.

RJ

·
Registered
83 Posts
QUOTE (FUELATV @ Mar 12 2008, 10:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7249
theduv
well I would like to thank everyone who has made efforts to improve the kfx450 wich is a quad that we all enjoy so much .But I well have to disagree with fuels remarks I use a bcs intake and cant brag enough about product performance however I also have a quadzilla lt 500 and the in take tube on it well work on the kfx it looks to be the same tube as the bcs my brothers kfx has a system built by us that looks the same as the bcs we have the same pipe and his runs just as good any where infact his home made intake that cost less than 100.00 out ran a kfx with a FUEL INTAKE and the same dasa pipe and power commander so think what you want but not every one belives the same thing as you . so those who dont build motors or their own parts can buy a bcs intake or the one you have but dont knock someone who is trying to help others. this is post is not ment to attack any one let's ride .

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (kevinpowerski @ Mar 18 2008, 09:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7416
well I would like to thank everyone who has made efforts to improve the kfx450 wich is a quad that we all enjoy so much .But I well have to disagree with fuels remarks I use a bcs intake and cant brag enough about product performance however I also have a quadzilla lt 500 and the in take tube on it well work on the kfx it looks to be the same tube as the bcs my brothers kfx has a system built by us that looks the same as the bcs we have the same pipe and his runs just as good any where infact his home made intake that cost less than 100.00 out ran a kfx with a FUEL INTAKE and the same dasa pipe and power commander so think what you want but not every one belives the same thing as you . so those who dont build motors or their own parts can buy a bcs intake or the one you have but dont knock someone who is trying to help others. this is post is not ment to attack any one let's ride .
If I had free time I probably would have attempted to create my own intake, I doubt it would put out the HP that the Fuel and BCS have come up with but the reality is my free time is minimal at most so I don't mind paying someone else for their developed product.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Everyone of these companies are putting their time and money in developing their products. One might be the best HP while others give better filtration. But ALL of them want to make a profit from everything they sell. Which is NORMAL business practice. I built an air intake setup for my kfx400 that only set me back the cost of the filter and outerwares. Everything else was free. But it did take time to design and to find all needed parts. Everybody wants it free and right now. If you dont want to buy somebodies elses R&d products, DONT, make your own like the original poster and others in this thread. And live with it.

And a final note. If everybody starts a pissing match on who or whats better, word of caution, I will delete, edit, warn or even Ban if necessary. And that even includes the sponsors.

Larry

·
Registered
184 Posts
QUOTE (Atving4Christ @ Mar 19 2008, 11:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7432
Everyone of these companies are putting their time and money in developing their products. One might be the best HP while others give better filtration. But ALL of them want to make a profit from everything they sell. Which is NORMAL business practice. I built an air intake setup for my kfx400 that only set me back the cost of the filter and outerwares. Everything else was free. But it did take time to design and to find all needed parts. Everybody wants it free and right now. If you dont want to buy somebodies elses R&d products, DONT, make your own like the original poster and others in this thread. And live with it.

And a final note. If everybody starts a pissing match on who or whats better, word of caution, I will delete, edit, warn or even Ban if necessary. And that even includes the sponsors.
Larry

there is nothing wrong with competition. From me you will only see facts.

·
Registered
220 Posts
There nothing wrong with competition. I shop around for everything I buy. You never know, I could of bought the FCI system. But at that time, the one from Fuel was already out and I got a good deal on it.

Larry

1 - 20 of 60 Posts