Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any cheap alternatives to a softer seat than quadtech? i was just lookin cause i saw a pic of one of those hump ones and theres no way id pay that much just for a seat cover with foam built in it.... so here i am, searchin for either alternatuve places i may not have known about or simply tips for example like buy other model foam and putting it on the kfx? or anyhing like that (and yes ive drilled holes in the foam and its good but not great)

thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
I took mine to an upholsterer and had him shave 1.5" of foam off the top and put 2.5" of softer foam back on!!! and refit the cover.
Its sweet as m8!!!
Cheap too!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i might just take the kfx seat and a trx seat to an upholster and just say make this one feel like this one, and see what they say.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
QUOTE (KS Raiden @ Jul 18 2008, 10:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10410
yeah i might just take the kfx seat and a trx seat to an upholster and just say make this one feel like this one, and see what they say.....
MAN, is it really that bad...? I don't have much of a problem with mine. That and, when riding these quads like they should be ridden, you're not sitting down a whole hell of a lot. Maybe the Canadian version is softer... Who knows.

(Or maybe you guys are just a bunch of whiners
)

·
Registered
90 Posts
A shop owner told me to take the seat apart and drill holes in the foam. It will supposedly soften it up quite a bit. I said screw it and bought the quad tech foam and cover. That stock one was killing my butt.

·
Registered
70 Posts
ya i took my seat to a local upholstery shop and had them put an extra inch of foam in. i don't know if it was a softer foam or anything but the seat is so much more comfortable now. and it only cost me 60 bucks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts