Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started washing my quad and my neighbor had a clean that i used on it. when i started powerwashing it off, everything alluminum on my quad starting running black color. now everything is very dark grey and has spots all over it. anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it. any info would be great thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wierd. Only thing I use is a 2k PSI washer and a brush. And Purple Power for the grease the chain has thrown. Never seena cleaner turn aluminum black before.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Try using a ultra fine scotch cloth from an auto store, they are usually used for car body prep!!
The frame tubes have a brushed effect so sand in the right direction and you'll see what i mean.
Good luck sorting it m8!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (brentflem @ Apr 22 2008, 03:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8311
i started washing my quad and my neighbor had a clean that i used on it. when i started powerwashing it off, everything alluminum on my quad starting running black color. now everything is very dark grey and has spots all over it. anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it. any info would be great thanks
Do you have a pic? I"m curious to see what it looks like...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its really not as bad as i made it seem, really the engine and swingarm are the worst, my engine is like a really dark grey and the swingarm too. some of the welds on the frame have black drip lines on them but all in all the frame isnt that bad. im going to try to scrub it with a brush and see how it works. thankks for all the input

1 - 7 of 7 Posts