Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an EMGO Universal Tether Kill Switch on my Kawi 450. It has two wires from it. I have tried many ways to get it to work but with little to no luck. I have had one wire grounded to the frame and one wire taped into the coil. This blew my coil at a race, but it was working, with the tether pulled off it stopped the quad. I didn't want to blow another coil so i tried to tap into the stock kill switch (Yellow/Red) and this didn't work. I have tried to run it in series with the kill switch (Tether) into the stock kill switch with no luck. I have tried to tap into the ignition wire (Brown) with the other wire grounded on the kill switch(Tether) and blew my main fuse. Should I just go ahead and get a new tether kill switch or can I still use this tether kill switch some how.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have a NC switch and you will blow a fuse if trying to tie in to the igntiion switch. A lot of people use the baldwin switch or a NO switch and tie in to the factory kill switch. I wired up a SPDT relay to convert my NC switch to a NO switch. It works real well, but takes a bit more to install.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here is a photo of the install kit from pro armor. Below are some instructions on how to make it work. You may not have the install kit but if you can see from the photo the harness you should be able to figure out the wire to splice into.

This is a photo of the K081001 installed as our instructions show. You’ll notice that the harness has a connection for the kill switch splicing into the RED wire. In order to work correctly using this harness, the customer needs to splice into the WHITE wire on our harness.

We will be coming out with a correct version, but it will be weeks away, and will no longer share applications with the Suzuki LT-R450. The customer can either make the modifications themselves, wait for the replacement, or return the item.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
I have the LTR install kit installed and working fine on mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts