Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
simply put I can't make the payments as work is insanely slow and I'm wondering what's going to happen when/if I stop paying on my quad? Picked up a 08 450r when it first came out and times were good but now they are not so I'm wondering what my options are? Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (stevo8 @ Oct 22 2008, 05:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12940
simply put I can't make the payments as work is insanely slow and I'm wondering what's going to happen when/if I stop paying on my quad? Picked up a 08 450r when it first came out and times were good but now they are not so I'm wondering what my options are? Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

call and talk to them maybe thay can work with u good luck. I'll give u 2,000 for it u pa shipping. j/k
good luck

·
Registered
220 Posts
First they'll call u after being late on payment. After a few months they call u everyday and about 8 months they order a repo. Maybe by then you can make payments.

Larry

·
Registered
111 Posts
First and foremost call them and talk to them before you miss the first payment. Times are tough they may give you some slack for a bit
Secondly it is a long shot but do you have anybody that could take over the payments and the quad that would sell it back to you when you are back in a position to do so?

If you are going to lose it for sure take care of it so that when you hand it back over they give you as much value as possible. Had a friend lose one that her ex had trashed and even after them taking it back she owed them money. So now she is paying for a quad she doesn't even have.

Sorry for the downturn but wishing you the best of luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the quad is in perfect shape with 8hrs on it. Sits on a battery tender and gets started once a month and I rideit down the street and back once. I still owe 7k on it and really have no need to keep it. Plus my interest rate is about to go sky high. If I had the tittle I would just sell it and make payments on what's left but that's not really an option.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You could sell it to someone in a state where it is not a titled vehicle. Like Colorado and just make payments on the rest.

·
Registered
157 Posts
First of all, Kawi wants their money...They don't care it it takes longer than usual. The problem is that if you stop paying and it gets repo'ed , they lose out as well. They do not want that - plain and simple. Usually they can work with you...Stretch out the payments...Lower interest, etc.

BUT do NOT ignore it! It will KILL your credit and in a few years when you want to purchase another quad, you wont be able to finance it due to defaulting/late payments. Don't mess with your credit...It's one of the most important things in your life!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I so wish they started working some of this in Middle school and taught more in high school. I know as a parent I am working hard to not let my kids go down the road I have. Even though I am a cash guy for the most part not having good credit can affect you in so many ways. Not just your ability to buy stuff, certain job opportunities can be off limits obviously higher interest rates if you do get a loan or card. In the military it is one of the fastest ways to loose or not be able to obtain high level security clearance also the same in the government contracting world.

Like I said before and has been echoed above talk to them try to do whatever you can to salvage it. A repo now could effect you for years to come.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts