Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For fuelatv airbox eliminator intake and DASA pipe? I got the one off his website but it appears to be way too rich by looking at my plug. After months of riding it I pulled the plug a couple of weeks ago and I need to lean it out some.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I believe that Fuels Map is designed for Sea Level. You can adjust manually to lean it out. Got to find somebody to help you with it.

Larry

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE (PIPO @ Jan 21 2008, 09:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5541
For fuelatv airbox eliminator intake and DASA pipe? I got the one off his website but it appears to be way too rich by looking at my plug. After months of riding it I pulled the plug a couple of weeks ago and I need to lean it out some.

that is not the way to determine whether your engine is running lean or rich...

You need to start with a new plug and do a plug chop at WOT to determine fuel mixture at WOT.

Then move on to 3/4 and 1/2 throttle....

This is still a rudementary test anyway with all the fuel additives in todays fuels

·
Registered
14 Posts
I figured I was going to have the same problem.......Im at 1500 - 1800 elevation, and my bike absolutly runs perfect! I had seen how to adjust the program, b ut the 9v batteries just dont last more than 5 min. I had asked the Tech at Dynojet to see if he had a comparable map to FUEL's map, and he said he did and its on there website. I had looked at both maps (Dynos and FUEL's) and yes they are totally different! Im stick'n with FUEL's map......to answer your question do a plug chop with a new plug, that will tell you a lot........tyce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts