Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys here is some snapshots of the local gascoyne dash desert race run over three days on a station. It is 200km ride day one and 300km ride day two back to our townsite, through rocks, hills, desert and river with some flat plains thrown in for good measure. Anyhow enjoy. If you are interested in some more photos log onto www.flatoutoffroadracing.com.au and find a link that says gassy dash there you will find buggies,cars bikes and quads. I was the only KFX450 in the race out of a field of 30 quads. Was coming 2nd when I ran out of fuel 500 metres before the finishing line :angry:

·
Registered
56 Posts
^^^^^

·
Registered
420 Posts
sweet pics! nice flat!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hard to keep a good quad down boys. That photo was during the prologue which is 10km long, i had the flat for about 7km's of it. Still prologued 15th I Think. From there I was holding outright 3rd by day two and ran out of fuel 500m from the finish in 2nd position. Looking at building a side fuel tank with transfer pump out of aluminium to hold an extra 5L or so.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Not sure about over there but in the States you can buy this tire foam.. it mounts inside the tire and will let you run on a flat, think it's about $90 a tire or so but it had great reveiws and may be worth looking into for the hard desert racing you do....just a thought

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.