Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought may kfx the first week they hit the dealers so it's almost two years old. I don't ride to terribly much but when I do I ride cross country and a few GNCC's. Anyone else had to replace their axle bearings? If so are there any aftermarket bearings that last longer?

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE (BigJim @ Nov 20 2008, 04:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14779
I bought may kfx the first week they hit the dealers so it's almost two years old. I don't ride to terribly much but when I do I ride cross country and a few GNCC's. Anyone else had to replace their axle bearings? If so are there any aftermarket bearings that last longer?
I'll be doing mine this winter. I'm curious if the lonestar carriers that work in the stock swinger have better sealed bearings.

My GF and I rebuilt her Warrior and we used bearings from an ebay seller (racerchic) and they were fantastic and cheaper. But I checked they don't offer any for our KFX.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I race MX and I dont cut my bike any slack, and after about 4 rides I destroyed the bearing carrier and disk hub. Don't ask how but just a fluke deal. I replaced the bearing carrier with a lonestar twin row and it is holding great. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE (Conrad @ Nov 20 2008, 08:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14784
I race MX and I dont cut my bike any slack, and after about 4 rides I destroyed the bearing carrier and disk hub. Don't ask how but just a fluke deal. I replaced the bearing carrier with a lonestar twin row and it is holding great. Hope this helps.
Yea that helps. At the cost of the stock bearings from a dealer and the cost of hte lonestar carrier. Probably better off to drop the more money for the lonestar carrier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts