Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the DASA makes good power, but I think its a bit loud. What other ones are out there that are good. anyone run the fmf system?

·
Registered
285 Posts
i run the motoworks full system and the sound level is moderate......great sound, but did have an issue with some cracks....

·
Premium Member
293 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
QUOTE (CarFanatic @ Aug 20 2008, 07:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11226
I know the DASA makes good power, but I think its a bit loud. What other ones are out there that are good. anyone run the fmf system?

I have tested and sold every pipe for the kfx and two brothers is by far the best it is built well and the sond is good you can buy tips the change the the dbs level I made 1hp less than the dasa at only 90 db and .5 hp more than dasa with just the screen good luck

·
Registered
36 Posts
QUOTE (kevinpowerski @ Aug 20 2008, 08:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11243
I have tested and sold every pipe for the kfx and two brothers is by far the best it is built well and the sond is good you can buy tips the change the the dbs level I made 1hp less than the dasa at only 90 db and .5 hp more than dasa with just the screen good luck

Have you tested the Pro Circuit T-I-4 full exhaust?

·
Registered
297 Posts
QUOTE (kevinpowerski @ Aug 20 2008, 10:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11243
Do you grahps to back this up?

·
Registered
10 Posts
QUOTE (CarFanatic @ Aug 20 2008, 11:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11245
ya any one tested the fmf?

its not in that one test.
I have the fmf pipe(slip-on) but still waiting on my megabomb header. Apparently they are in high demand but I don't know anyone else that has one. ODD?! The sound is not overly loud and you notice the torque right away. It definitely has a nice fit and finish and sounds better over time. I liked my dasa but everyone has one! The pro circuit is nice but in the upper rpm's it sounds like something is gonna break!! By the way wuts up guys! My first post on this forum, hope I sound edumacated!!LOL
Also I did the k&n with a mesh screen over a hole i cut in my airbox. I had a similar setup on my yamie 450 and thought it would work on the kawie.
Well now I'm going for the fuel airbox and filter and a custom pc tune. Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
QUOTE (kevinpowerski @ Aug 21 2008, 06:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11262
yes I do I keep trying to post them and havent been able to any help would be great so I can help you make the right choice for your needs I am motor guy and very little computer knowledge please help
I would like to hear from Fuel on this matter! I cant believe that this pipe can produce these numbers. What is so differant about this pipe from the rest? If its so good why is there only one person on this whole forum that has it? Super quite, and just a very small loss of HP? Sounds way to good to be true. 90dp and 45hp? WOW!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd like to see some results on the FMF. they are known for making good parts, but it hard to find any info on parts for these bikes other then a dasa exhaust and fuel intake.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have you tryed there web site? Maybe they have some spec's there. The KFX is such a new member of the 450 family it might take time befor there is much info.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
QUOTE (Vance @ Aug 22 2008, 09:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11279
I would like to hear from Fuel on this matter! I cant believe that this pipe can produce these numbers. What is so differant about this pipe from the rest? If its so good why is there only one person on this whole forum that has it? Super quite, and just a very small loss of HP? Sounds way to good to be true. 90dp and 45hp? WOW!
Maybe 90 dB at idol.... We don't have numbers for this pipe, but with an educated opinion it would not be possible without having other mods to the engine and the stock pipe. The stock pipe runs at about 90 dB.

Danielle

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUOTE (FUELATV @ Sep 4 2008, 01:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11543
Maybe 90 dB at idol.... We don't have numbers for this pipe, but with an educated opinion it would not be possible without having other mods to the engine and the stock pipe. The stock pipe runs at about 90 dB.

Danielle

90 db for stock pipe?? that thing is sooo quite.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts