Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,, I have a all stock kfx 450r 2008. Just wondering whats the best gearing combo for top end speed? Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well if you want the most top end speed I'd go 15/36 or 15/34 if you can get the 34 im not sure. It all depends on what your mods are. If you are stock you could just try changing the front sprocket to a 15 or change the back to a 36 or so. I have a 15/38 stock is 14/38. I am thinking about going with 14/36 because I climb a lot of short and steep hills and I have to slip the clutch a lot with the 15 tooth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Mar 23 2009, 01:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16567
Maybe go down 1 or 2 in the rear but i'd mod a little first, you will struggle (at least I did) with a 15 in the front running all stock..
Well i guess i ain't all stock i got a two brothers slip on exhaust and k&n filter. What do you mean struggle? I know i'll lose some bottom end, but will i lose a lot because i like to have decent bottom end power.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (Hogan_15 @ Mar 23 2009, 12:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16568
Well i guess i ain't all stock i got a two brothers slip on exhaust and k&n filter. What do you mean struggle? I know i'll lose some bottom end, but will i lose a lot because i like to have decent bottom end power.
I was running stock and went to a 15 in the front...the engine struggled to get through 4th and 5th especially in the soft stuff, once I went with the big 3 I had no problem at all..now I hardly need 1st gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts