Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this is my first post had my new KFX 450R for 5 days now and loving it!!! Iv read all the posts about slip-on verse full pipes. Iv desided to go with a slip-on becouse the stock header is Titi and I really just want it sound good. I'm really looking at the Big Gun becouse I have one on my pit bike (klx110) and it sounds awasome.
Big Gun
Motoworks
Pro Circuit
Im open to anything let me know what you guys think!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Congrats on the new quad! I think you should try to think a little long term...I can tell you from experience if you don't it'll cost you..If you are sure you won't be looking to enhance performance than a S/O is fine..I started that way and shortly after upgraded to a full along with some other mods...I had a yoshi and it sounded great.

Just my few pennies..

·
Registered
36 Posts
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Aug 26 2008, 10:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11395
Congrats on the new quad! I think you should try to think a little long term...I can tell you from experience if you don't it'll cost you..If you are sure you won't be looking to enhance performance than a S/O is fine..I started that way and shortly after upgraded to a full along with some other mods...I had a yoshi and it sounded great.

Just my few pennies..
Buy a slip-on, and an FMF Megabomb titanium header. I'll be running the FMF Megabomb and a Motoworks SR-4 in the next couple weeks; I'll let you know how it works out.

The Motoworks SR-4 by itself sounds pretty bad-ass though, and you can find em relatively cheap on eBay.

(There really is nothing wrong with the stock header/mid. Seriously. Going with a full stainless pipe would be downgrading. The muffler is the restrictive part of the exhaust. I'm just going to run the FMF for that bit of extra torque and over rev)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts