Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN ANYONE HELP ME ON THIS? MY BIKE WILL RUN A FEW SECONDS AND THEN DIE? IS THEIR A FUEL FILTER?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Apr 24 2008, 08:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8356
Are you running a power commander? all stock?

JUST PUT THE COMMANDER ON BUT THE PROBLEM STARTED BEFORE THAT. DOES HAVE A CT PIPE AND NO LID? RAN IT FOR AWHILE W/OUT THE COMMANDER AND THE PROBLEM STARTED?? I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Checked all the fuses to make sure none were blown?

·
Registered
29 Posts
i had one come into my shop for repair and the roll over sensor had came off the holer it was on and was laying flat causing the fuel pump to kick off. you might check that as well. it would run for a few seconds and the fuel pump would kick off caz it was sensing that the atv was rolled over.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (kawofpville @ Apr 25 2008, 12:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8375
i had one come into my shop for repair and the roll over sensor had came off the holer it was on and was laying flat causing the fuel pump to kick off. you might check that as well. it would run for a few seconds and the fuel pump would kick off caz it was sensing that the atv was rolled over.

thanks... can i find that in the owners manual? where is it located? i did disconnect my battery and leave the pos. off for a bit and the thing seemed to run fine after that? i'm afraid that did not fix the problem though. i only got to ride it for a few minutes, so i really don't know if that fixed the prob. this fuel inj. is testing my nerves! thanks again for ya'lls help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (topdollr @ Apr 25 2008, 09:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8385
roll over switch location:

AWESOME THANKS VERY MUCH! IF THAT DOESN'T FIX IT I GUESS ITS GOING TO THE SHOP... THIS ALL STARTED WHEN THE PIPE CAME ABOUT AND I WASN'T PATIENT ENOUGH TO WAIT FOR A PROGRAMMER, BUT NOW EVEN WITH THE PROGRAMMER IT CUT OFF ON ME YESTERDAY AND WAS NOT RUNNING RIGHT? I'M STARTING TO THINK MAYBE A DIRTY FUEL FILTER? STOCK. THE THING WAS RUNNING GREAT. ITS FUNNY TO HOW TAKING THE POS. CABLE OFF FOR A FEW MINUTES SEEMED TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM? BUT ONLY FOR A SHORT WHILE??? NEVER BEEN THIS PUZZLED! WE ARE LEAVING FOR THE DUNES IN ELEVEN DAYS TO ADD TO ALL THE DRAMA!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (texaskfx450 @ Apr 26 2008, 07:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8394
AWESOME THANKS VERY MUCH! IF THAT DOESN'T FIX IT I GUESS ITS GOING TO THE SHOP... THIS ALL STARTED WHEN THE PIPE CAME ABOUT AND I WASN'T PATIENT ENOUGH TO WAIT FOR A PROGRAMMER, BUT NOW EVEN WITH THE PROGRAMMER IT CUT OFF ON ME YESTERDAY AND WAS NOT RUNNING RIGHT? I'M STARTING TO THINK MAYBE A DIRTY FUEL FILTER? STOCK. THE THING WAS RUNNING GREAT. ITS FUNNY TO HOW TAKING THE POS. CABLE OFF FOR A FEW MINUTES SEEMED TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM? BUT ONLY FOR A SHORT WHILE??? NEVER BEEN THIS PUZZLED! WE ARE LEAVING FOR THE DUNES IN ELEVEN DAYS TO ADD TO ALL THE DRAMA!

HEY THAT WAS IT! THE THING WAS JUST HANGING THERE... THANKS A BUNCH! IF IT WASN'T FOR THIS WEBSITE I WOULD STILL BE SEARCHING FOR THE PROBLEM! THANKS AGAIN

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WELL FELLAS... SHE IS IN THE SHOP. I TRIED EVERYTHING I KNEW TO DO, BUT I STILL COULDN'T GET IT TO RUN RIGHT. I HAD NO TOP END POWER. BOTTOM TO MID WAS GREAT BUT ITS LIKE I WOULD HIT A WALL AND NEVER WRAP OUT. THEN IT STARTED SPITTING AND BACKFIRING SO I TOOK HER TO THE SHOP. TRIP IS 7 DAYS AWAY AND MY BIKE WON'T RUN. NOT A GOOD FEELING RIGHT NOW. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL FIGURE IT OUT.

·
Registered
27 Posts
QUOTE (texaskfx450 @ Apr 30 2008, 10:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8497
WELL FELLAS... SHE IS IN THE SHOP. I TRIED EVERYTHING I KNEW TO DO, BUT I STILL COULDN'T GET IT TO RUN RIGHT. I HAD NO TOP END POWER. BOTTOM TO MID WAS GREAT BUT ITS LIKE I WOULD HIT A WALL AND NEVER WRAP OUT. THEN IT STARTED SPITTING AND BACKFIRING SO I TOOK HER TO THE SHOP. TRIP IS 7 DAYS AWAY AND MY BIKE WON'T RUN. NOT A GOOD FEELING RIGHT NOW. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL FIGURE IT OUT.
I have the same exact same problem....sometime - I've taken it to the dyno 2 times - my air/fuel mixture is spot on. Sometimes it will be running as described above, then other times it seems to run fine. While I'm riding if I turn the key off then on again it will run diffently. From what I've read I think it might be the ECU. Let me know as soon as you find out. Does anybody else have any other ideas what could be wrong?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
QUOTE (MileHighRider @ May 2 2008, 06:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8586
I have the same exact same problem....sometime - I've taken it to the dyno 2 times - my air/fuel mixture is spot on. Sometimes it will be running as described above, then other times it seems to run fine. While I'm riding if I turn the key off then on again it will run diffently. From what I've read I think it might be the ECU. Let me know as soon as you find out. Does anybody else have any other ideas what could be wrong?

Hey, it was my tps. got it back yesterday evening. unloaded it and ran the hell out of it! she runs great. put my mods back on and waxed a hondas a$$! (w/mods) you might check the ecu, but i bet the tps has something to do with it... it sucks that such a small thing can affect the way these bikes run. the tech guy said that the bike thought it was at an idle all the time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE (texaskfx450 @ May 3 2008, 08:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8590
Hey, it was my tps. got it back yesterday evening. unloaded it and ran the hell out of it! she runs great. put my mods back on and waxed a hondas a$$! (w/mods) you might check the ecu, but i bet the tps has something to do with it... it sucks that such a small thing can affect the way these bikes run. the tech guy said that the bike thought it was at an idle all the time.

hey what is the tps?

·
Registered
70 Posts
QUOTE (kfx450rquad @ Jul 22 2008, 03:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10483
hey what is the tps?
the throttle position sensor. it's on the left side of the throttle body. it tells the ecu where the throttle is so that when you increase throttle the ecu feeds your bike more fuel. like with texaskfx450's problem, his tps was telling his bike that his throttle was closed (at idle) all the time so when he got on it he wasn't getting any more fuel. i'm not sure all that's correct so don't quote me on it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts