Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well
I had just come back with my friend from riding all day. And me and my buddy went in to grab a water and i left my bike idling. While in the house i herd my bike die. So i went to go shut off the key and coolant, oil and everything else was all over my driveway. motor was fully built and had at least 100+ hours on it. it had josh creamer for 07 then it got me halfway though the 08 season. best part is it took the whole motor. everything. smashed tranny shafts, gears clutch, all the cases starter. didnt ruin the head

·
Registered
420 Posts
that sucks what caused it?

·
Registered
420 Posts
that sucks at last you were close to home and not stuck in the woods or elswere!

·
Registered
420 Posts
spare parts!you should do up the spare frame powder coat and sell it or keep it!

·
Registered
420 Posts
sweet!

·
Registered
66 Posts
QUOTE (jason lewis @ Jan 7 2009, 08:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15518
the cranks on the kawis are only able to handle 10-14 hrs with a high compression piston. Josh creamers factory mechanic told me that. i prob should have listened :p
Yes you should have, his mechanic (dave therrien) is also my mechanic, ive posted on here before about that too, its a well known problem, im surprized you lasted as long as you have. Josh can go through motors like you just did like crazy, especially if he doesnt change the crank at 10 hours

·
Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (jason lewis @ Jan 7 2009, 07:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15520
Well. see it still does. cause you cant buy the kawi motor. so i had to go buy a brand new kawasaki to get a motor out of it so i could race the last four races. so now i got a bike thats just a frame. :huh:
kawi motor on ebay for 2500 bucks, so did the crank just explode?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im not a fan of Dave Therian... for other reasons as well.. I've been with BCS since the start. Im the other guy that bought 1 of Josh's bikes as well.. We spoke at mototown. Ill keep going BCS, you keep going DRT. Lets just leave it at that..

Lewis, jay has a brand new motor! Pick it up!

·
Registered
148 Posts
i hope i never have to see that on my quad.

i just noticed bcs and drt. Now never dealing with drt ive delt with bcs and i never go back there. and i hear there work is garbage. Most people around here refuse to send them anything from horror stories.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm a DRT guy. I brought my shocks to bcs to get rebuilt and revalved, they took 2 months to do them and the fronts leaked after 3 races. <_< Dave rebuilt my entire motor with new cases, piston, 2nd and 3rd gears, shift pin, and a crank in the 5 week days between races. That was enough to win my support. Then it was leaking oil from seal near the shifter at one of the races and he took the quad home with him and fixed it up. He was going to try to do it between motos but we did'nt think it was leaking enough to risk running out of time. I'm hopefully going to pick him as a sponsor this year.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.