Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the boyesen water pump kit for the bike will work on the quad. I already have oversized radiator. I have a buitl motor and anything to dissapate some heat is definately usable.

·
Registered
86 Posts
everything thins is the same except the water pump cover. On the db version the outlet hole goes straight up but on the quad it goes sideways.

See Dirtbike-

Quad-

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess that explains why the bike I am buying doesn't have it. It has pwr rad etc. I was thinking well why wouldn't they have put the water pump on if they were trying to get max cooling.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have one on my yfz it was always running hot. I put on waterpump with engine ice also a inner cooler and fan dosen't even kick on. It is a pain in the ass to put on atleast on my yama had to take side of the case off to get the back bolt off the stock pump.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah yamahas are a pain. Both of my yfzs had the notoriousleak out the weephole. So after changing mine out I know exactly what you mean.

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (MXrider38 @ Aug 4 2008, 07:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10798
Yeah yamahas are a pain. Both of my yfzs had the notoriousleak out the weephole. So after changing mine out I know exactly what you mean.

I would imagine that the kfx would be the same way I use the kfx as a back up. Trying to make it as fast as my yfz but even if I had the same cams and piston all the goodies I don't think it will ever be as fast as my yama. Still a fun ride but the reverse and fuel injection just adds to much weight.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the bike I just bought has a full dasa motor with a 5 axis port job, cams, piston etc. It made 58hp on the dyno . So should be pretty close to a highly modded yfz.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts