Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i have obviously a kfx 450. it started great yesterday under its own power. went to start it today and it would not. so i pulled it behind my prarie 360 and bump started it. it idled then i put it in gear and drove it. pulled the clutch in to wait for my girlfriend and it stalled. it wouldnt start under its own power again. so i bump started it. it ran really rough. if i held the throttle in one position it acted as if i were blurping the throttle. and the exhaust smelled real heavy with gas. it had a new spark plug 2 months ago. and a full system check done by the local dealer. the only thing i can think of is it is a bad fuel injector. please help i have a trip planned with my girlfriend on aug. 1 so i need to get this fixed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
bump starting a fuel injection quad dont always work. if your battery aint strong enough to power the pump with it running it sure wont power it. I had this before from a dead battery. bump starting did nothing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (walshyfz86 @ Jul 13 2008, 05:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10326
bump starting a fuel injection quad dont always work. if your battery aint strong enough to power the pump with it running it sure wont power it. I had this before from a dead battery. bump starting did nothing
the battery was fully charged. the quad is acting like its flooded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts