Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced my cams in my yfz about a year and a half ago. I just got the kx450 exhaust cam I got the can tensioner out but the cam chain is still very tight didn't even give the slack I need any thoughts?

Also on the chain tensioner like on the yfz u can unscrew it to bring the rod in and it will click in place so u can put it in but when I screw this on it will just unscrew itself back out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
QUOTE (yfuz450 @ Nov 8 2008, 11:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=13946
Once I took the cam tower off it losend right up thanks anyway its already done.

That doesn't make much sense that when you took the cam cover off you got slack. You should have had slack in the chain as soon as you took the tensioner off. The only thing that I can think of is that you did not have it on TDC when you where taking it apart.

As far as the tensioner goes when I put mine back in I used a small screw driver to hold it the tensioner. I then put into place and put one screw in a tightened it down and then pulled the screw driver out to let the tensioner out.

Hope that helps.
KT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.