Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't no a lot about camshafts and pistons. But i want to no what the best set up is. I dont want to get race fuel, but havce access to 93% at a few gas stations. If i get a exhaust cam should i get a intake cam as well? Also do i have to get a new piston if upgrade to new cams? whats the best compression ratio?? what the benefits, is worth the money??

·
Registered
40 Posts
KX cams are what I will be running. They seem to put down better power than most. Get both cams. You don't have to upgrade the piston if you get cams. It's probably not worth your time getting a different piston unless you have to replace it, or if you go with a high compression piston which will require race gas. Start with getting full exhaust, intake, and fuel management before you start with the rest of the stuff.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a 12.8:1 piston wich is the highest you can go without running race gas. Stock is 12:1

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have a full exhaust ti-4, pc3, precision steering stabilizer, 14/36, and a full fuelatv intake, +1 lonestar steering stem and more plus i just got my hands on some razr mx yellow compounds.
now i need alittle more engine work before i go with aarms and suspension

1 - 4 of 4 Posts