Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I started pulling out all the un-needed wires from the harness and came across this:

There are numerous wires that have had all the coating melted off of them, leaving them exposed and touching other exposed wires (beside the cylinder head). I'm sure this could be the culprit of some of the issues I've had in the past, and I'm sure it would have caused many more later down the road had I not noticed this. I'm going to find some sort of protective wrap for everything around the engine (wiring harness, fuel lines, etc.) Everyone may want to do the same, or at least check and make sure yours isn't doing the same thing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Uh...yeah, that might explain a few of your problems

·
Registered
86 Posts
as i stated in the other forum im pretty sure those would be your headlight wires i think. Do you have stock lights on your bike or aftermarket lights? Possibly no lights and one of the plugs has something in it shorting out the wire. It doesnt appear to be melted from the outside looks more like it had too much power go through it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.