Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone can help me out. I was out on the trail and my quad bogged the fuel injection light came on and the bike died. I shut her down and when I turned the key back on all I could hear was a clicking sound and no humming sound from the fuel pump. When I got the bike home and took the plastics off I could tell the clicking was definately coming from a relay. I took the relay out and the noise seemed to be commin from under the tank. I tried to put one of the other relays in and the clicking was back to the relay. Any hints or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I removed the tank today and when I unplugged the wiring harness for the sending unit the clicking stopped. I checked the three pins in the harness that run into the sending unit and I have a reading of 1.5K ohms from the power wire to ground and im not sure what i should be reading here. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well no one seemed to have any ideas but I ended up finding the problem. Hopefully it will help someone in the future. After testing almost everything on the bike I was thinking it was the computer that was causing the relay to kick in and out. I removed the computer and was about to take it to get tested but couldn't because of the Canada Day holliday. I reattached the computer a few hours later and everything worked fine. It must have been a loose connection and wiggling the plug wasn't enough to fix it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
QUOTE (poddrae @ Jul 1 2008, 11:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10149
Well no one seemed to have any ideas but I ended up finding the problem. Hopefully it will help someone in the future. After testing almost everything on the bike I was thinking it was the computer that was causing the relay to kick in and out. I removed the computer and was about to take it to get tested but couldn't because of the Canada Day holliday. I reattached the computer a few hours later and everything worked fine. It must have been a loose connection and wiggling the plug wasn't enough to fix it.
i had a loose wirre from my pc3 that was my problem, for you relay i would take it apart and clean the contacts they might be dirty causing it to make contact and then not

1 - 4 of 4 Posts