Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just as title says, just curious if anyones lost a crank yet? particularly with motors with some internal mods, if so what happend, how many hours on motor, and did you try and get it warranteed?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (topdollr @ Aug 3 2008, 08:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10700
I read somewhere that high comp pistons where causing rods to go
its not the HC pistons alone that are doing it, though it does help. Ive known some to have them fail with stock piston and just hot cams, with a pipe and intake. just curious if anyone heres had it happen and with what mods, and at what hours.

·
Registered
122 Posts
This was a great thing for me to read.
I just bought a 08 with high comp piston, cams , and ported head. It only has 10hrs on it, but it sounds like I have alot to look forward to. Oh well enjoy the hp while it lasts.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (MXrider38 @ Aug 6 2008, 06:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10843
This was a great thing for me to read.
I just bought a 08 with high comp piston, cams , and ported head. It only has 10hrs on it, but it sounds like I have alot to look forward to. Oh well enjoy the hp while it lasts.
ya except for with your mods the cranks go at about 10-13 hours so look forward to a ruined case when the rod blows up

·
Registered
122 Posts
QUOTE (Extent Racing 21 @ Aug 7 2008, 05:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10886
ya except for with your mods the cranks go at about 10-13 hours so look forward to a ruined case when the rod blows up
Which is why I am gonna call dasa and find out what all they did to the motor. It was Cyle Chislock's bike, and supposedly I was told it only has 10-15 hrs. on it and that it was in and out of the bike because dasa kept changing things in the motor. So hopefull for my sake they put a beefier crank in it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
QUOTE (MXrider38 @ Aug 7 2008, 06:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10890
Which is why I am gonna call dasa and find out what all they did to the motor. It was Cyle Chislock's bike, and supposedly I was told it only has 10-15 hrs. on it and that it was in and out of the bike because dasa kept changing things in the motor. So hopefull for my sake they put a beefier crank in it.

JUST WONDERING WHAT THEY DID TO THE MOTOR AND HOW DOES IT RUN iAM PLANNING TO HAVE DASA BULID MY KFX AND HAD THE SAME THOUGHTS AS YOU WRITE ME OR PM THANK YOU

·
Registered
122 Posts
QUOTE (kevinpowerski @ Aug 7 2008, 09:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10894
JUST WONDERING WHAT THEY DID TO THE MOTOR AND HOW DOES IT RUN iAM PLANNING TO HAVE DASA BULID MY KFX AND HAD THE SAME THOUGHTS AS YOU WRITE ME OR PM THANK YOU

well I spoke to dasa yesterday and was told that the bike I bought has a 14.5:1 piston and they are changing top ends every 25hrs. The tech I spoke with said they have not had any rod failures, but I am supposed to speak with the owners son who built the motor on the 25 when he gets back in. I found out alot about the bike so though it has not got to me yet (still being shipped). Pm me for details and I can try to help you out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (Extent Racing 21 @ Aug 3 2008, 03:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10695
just as title says, just curious if anyones lost a crank yet? particularly with motors with some internal mods, if so what happend, how many hours on motor, and did you try and get it warranteed?

yep mine did i posted it on here its in this section take a look...

·
Registered
18 Posts
so if the connecting rod is going bad, what is everybody putting in to replace and where to get one. also if i replace the rod is there anything else i should do since the motor will be apart?

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE (KFX450R-216 @ Aug 21 2008, 01:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11249
so if the connecting rod is going bad, what is everybody putting in to replace and where to get one. also if i replace the rod is there anything else i should do since the motor will be apart?

I highly recomend Falicon Crankshafts. Not sure what they have out for the KFX yet but I have used them many of times and they have unbelivable craftsmanship. We use there cranks and rods and bearing coatings in another form of racing where we rev the engines up to 18,000 rpm and not a sign of fatige from anything. Also no matter what alway get your main and rod bearings coated. This is a new technololgy but is working GREAT!!! Greatly reduces heat and friction....

www.faliconcranks.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (slideways72 @ Aug 21 2008, 09:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11254
I highly recomend Falicon Crankshafts. Not sure what they have out for the KFX yet but I have used them many of times and they have unbelivable craftsmanship. We use there cranks and rods and bearing coatings in another form of racing where we rev the engines up to 18,000 rpm and not a sign of fatige from anything. Also no matter what alway get your main and rod bearings coated. This is a new technololgy but is working GREAT!!! Greatly reduces heat and friction....

www.faliconcranks.com

wll im looking for suggestions cuz i have 5 days too figure out what im going to do... and who im going to work with.

·
Registered
17 Posts
my 2 cents would be that if they are using the stock crank for all those mods to either send back the motor or get a beefier crank put in it by them...or at least have them warranty it for a while...6 months minimum imo...The falicon crank recommended by slideways is top notch....but it also depends on what type of abuse your going to be putting this motor thru.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts