Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY BIKE JUST WENT TO THE SHOP TO HAVE THE THROTTLE POSITIONING SENSOR REPLACED. THE PROBLEM STARTED ONCE I PUT MY PIPE ON AND RIPPED THE LID OFF. IS THE PROBLEM JUST COINCIDENCE OR DID I MESS SOMETHING UP? I ALSO PUT THE PCIII ON BUT A COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER THE PIPE, AND YES I DID RIDE W/OUT THE POWER COMMANDER FOR A FEW HRS. I WANT TO PUT IT ALL BACK ON JUST AFRAID THIS COULD HAPPEN AGAIN... IS THERE A CHANCE THIS MIGHT HAPPEN TO ME AGAIN?

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (texaskfx450 @ May 2 2008, 05:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8575
MY BIKE JUST WENT TO THE SHOP TO HAVE THE THROTTLE POSITIONING SENSOR REPLACED. THE PROBLEM STARTED ONCE I PUT MY PIPE ON AND RIPPED THE LID OFF. IS THE PROBLEM JUST COINCIDENCE OR DID I MESS SOMETHING UP? I ALSO PUT THE PCIII ON BUT A COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER THE PIPE, AND YES I DID RIDE W/OUT THE POWER COMMANDER FOR A FEW HRS. I WANT TO PUT IT ALL BACK ON JUST AFRAID THIS COULD HAPPEN AGAIN... IS THERE A CHANCE THIS MIGHT HAPPEN TO ME AGAIN?
I didnt experience any issues with what you did, the pipe, power comm went on with relative ease. I can't see where yoiu could do any damage from the installing the pipe, I suppose while doing the pc you could inadvertantly cut a wire but that would be an easy fix.. I say just go for it! Feel free to PM when you are ready if you want some extra direction..

·
Registered
109 Posts
yeah i would agree with offoadhunter. I dont think you messed anything up. I pearsonally think its a kawasaki problem, it has happened to many quads. so just put you pipe and everything back on and see how it goes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think you should be OK. I am currently running the Dasa 13 pipe PCIII and stock airbox with lid off and have had no problems.

I think we would all agree that from the factory the TPS was not setup as it should have been but now most of us have resolved that on our own or via the dealer.

Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (william @ May 2 2008, 09:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8577
yeah i would agree with offoadhunter. I dont think you messed anything up. I pearsonally think its a kawasaki problem, it has happened to many quads. so just put you pipe and everything back on and see how it goes.

thanks fellas! i needed a little encouragement. we are leaving for the dunes in 6 days and i hated to mess with it before the big trip. if i have any trouble i will sure seek some help. thanks again!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (texaskfx450 @ May 2 2008, 02:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8581
thanks fellas! i needed a little encouragement. we are leaving for the dunes in 6 days and i hated to mess with it before the big trip. if i have any trouble i will sure seek some help. thanks again!

WELL THEY ARE ALL BACK ON AND SHE RUNS LIKE A CHAMP! I HAVE A CURTIS SPARKS MAP FOR A CT RACING PIPE AND MIGHT BE LOOSING A LITTLE THERE BUT OTHER THAN THAT SHE RIPS! IF CT WOULD GET OFF THEIR [email protected] AND MAKE A MAP FOR THEIR PIPE THE WORLD WOULD BE ALOT BETTER PLACE! HOW DO YOU MAKE A PIPE FOR A FUEL INJECTED BIKE AND NOT A MAP? PISSES ME OFF. BUT I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN THEM AND IT IS THE SECOND PIPE I HAVE OWNED FROM THEM AND THEY HAVEN'T LET ME DOWN YET. (PERFORMANCE WISE) SEVERAL OTHER GUYS I RIDE WITH HAVE GOTTEN THEM AFTER BEING AROUND MINE AND THEY ARE VERY HAPPY W/ THEM TO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts