Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been considering getting them. do they really have any cooling or performance advantages or do they just look good? anybody use them?

·
Registered
90 Posts
According to William Yokley's mechanic when he raced his KFX last year that they helped. I am seriously considering getting some, my quad has gotten hot a couple of times this year at races and I can't take that chance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
QUOTE (AdaM @ Sep 12 2008, 11:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11858
been considering getting them. do they really have any cooling or performance advantages or do they just look good? anybody use them?
I had them on my banshee and they only looked good. It still overheated as usual. I ended up going custom. Pro circuit is making an upgraded one. It has some different kind of pattern or something. When that comes out I'm sure everyone will run those instead of the cv4 IMO. TRy something different. The hot rod market makes tons of radiator hoses in larger diameters tat can be clamped on and they are clear. I had blue dye in my banshee and it looked sick!! For the kawie you wouldnt need dye cuz the coolant is already green. And the hoses dont help if you dont upgrade the pump. Im not sure but does ne one know if the boyesen is out yet??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i got them. i let what fluid was in the radiator drain from the bottom hose and my reserve tank's completely full. i started it up and after five minutes the temp light came on. i'm assuming there isn't any coolant running through the hoses because the reserve tank is still full. am i missing something or what's going on? any help?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
scratch that i found it. sometimes it helps to think a little bit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts