Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride woods, and I'm looking for a pipe that makes good power through out the rpm range, not just peak.

I had it narrowed down to dasa, motoworks and fmf.

really wanting to know how you all liek your dasa, and if you have the 13 or 16 inch.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a fully built dasa motor also, so I couldn't tell you how well it is on a stock motor. I know it's gonna be louder.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am using the 16 inch but you can run either. Alot of people prefer the lower decibels, plus some tracks are starting to adopt a decible rule like the ama uses on motocross. Maybe not as strict but it's heading that way.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (MXrider38 @ Sep 5 2008, 05:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11579
I am using the 16 inch but you can run either. Alot of people prefer the lower decibels, plus some tracks are starting to adopt a decible rule like the ama uses on motocross. Maybe not as strict but it's heading that way.
I just ride woods, hopefully I can run the quite core in areas that require lower db's

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think the dasa pipe is way too loud for the woods. The two brothers is a better prouduct plus two brothers has good customer support dasa has none. I have sent too motors to dan and still cant get customer service check the comments on dasa at the Yfz central site. good luck
Two Brothers
Dasa

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (kevinpowerski @ Sep 6 2008, 12:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11587
I think the dasa pipe is way too loud for the woods. The two brothers is a better prouduct plus two brothers has good customer support dasa has none. I have sent too motors to dan and still cant get customer service check the comments on dasa at the Yfz central site. good luck
Two Brothers
Dasa

well I bought it from fuel, and they seem to have good customer service so hopfully wont have any issues.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I run the 13 and enjoy the sound. It has a nice deep exhaust note. I am by far not the loudest pipe on the line at the MX races and it is no where near as loud as the N-motion pipes.

Buy the 13 and the quiet core and as long as your not getting tested at a race you should be fine. If your worried about getting tested then buy the 16 and the quiet core and take no chances.

I personally think the HMF slip-on on my girlfriends z400 is louder.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they dont db test at the 2 places I ride reguarly. I'm just afraid if I take a trip somewhere and get there and find out I Cant ride type thing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
13" love it. Loud and proud. Hey I just made that up!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want the 13, but scared it might hurt me when going to certain riding places, like silver lake wayne national forest, or hatfeild mccoy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed my dasa 13in fuel atv version combined with their intake and couldn't be happier. Fuel Atv seemed to have great customer service. The only thing you might have trouble with is the pipe is no doubt fairly loud. I believe it has 106 db. So if noise is a problem I wouldn't suggest this pipe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts