Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a bad episode out at the Pismo sand dunes last weekend (very busy weekend out there). While at the drags, my Kawi's throttle got stuck and the thing banged off the limiter for a few seconds before I got her shut off. After visually inspecting everything (and finding out that my air filter had popped off, and my exhaust manifold bolts were WAY loose...) and tightening everything back up, I went to restart... and nothing. It seems that there is some dirt or debris somewhere in the calbe or linkage system that is causing the throttle to hang up a bit (loose thumb lever) and hence causing the "no spark" function to kick in... I bump started the bike, but it went to instant half throttle and stayed there until I got her back to camp. I haven't had time to dig into her yet, but I will do so here shortly.

I remember reading a similar post here in the past--does any one else remember it?

TIA!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (dlkfx450 @ Aug 12 2008, 02:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11022
filter fell off!!!....not good.....got to clean the oil off the sealing area before install......sounds like the throttle plate is binding up....
Dumb Q, but is that off the side of the throttle bodies? Yeah, tell me about it... I was pissed when I saw that honking large filter just laying in that nice airbox...
I'm going to yank the intake system from the throttle bodies back and remove all semblence of dirt/sand... Hopefully there isn't too much damage.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (dlkfx450 @ Aug 12 2008, 02:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11024
pull the tube and look inside the tb///// but u may allso need to remove the side cover where the throttle cable attaches and clean it out....dont forget to re grease though
Great--thanks for the info! This thing is usually the rock of stability, but as much as I hate to say it, my Banshee was the reliable ride this weekend...

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (dlkfx450 @ Aug 12 2008, 02:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11026
it happens....let the banshee have its 15 min. of fame.... lol
Hey DL...just a comment...that trailer you have for your quads is awesome! I'm looking at my little open trailer for two thinking how much better life could be for my two toys with something like what you have.. Come to think of it, your quads lprobably ive better than the average american does, more space, better tools, etc..
Seriously, I do like it thou!

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (dlkfx450 @ Aug 12 2008, 09:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11038
thanks....
THE TRAILER is my BUSINESS....ive got a dynojet dyno in it
Nice! I see you are in SO Cal....we have our dune season kick off on Oct 16-19 in Glamis..last year was about 40 or 50 people, a total blast...would ge cool to hook up there sometime! Naturally the invites open to anyone! (sorry for hijacking this thread)

·
Registered
285 Posts
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Aug 12 2008, 09:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11039
Nice! I see you are in SO Cal....we have our dune season kick off on Oct 16-19 in Glamis..last year was about 40 or 50 people, a total blast...would ge cool to hook up there sometime! Naturally the invites open to anyone! (sorry for hijacking this thread)
first week out to glamis is the RAPTOR RALLY oct 10th thru 12th.......after that anything goes.....
pm me or check out my site for pricing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.