Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy that had his KFX Dyno tuned friday. He has Dasa full exhaust, Dasa Intake no lid, PCIII, and new cams I believe stage II. They got his bike done which took about 1.5 hours, and he brought it home. Bike runs awsome pulls hard as hell, runs better than it ever has. I asked him what it Dynoed at and he said 40.9HP. Could this be right? Sounds a little low to me. Oh and he is running 111 octane fuel. I just have a hard time believing the mods he has and the bike being tuned correctly would only make 3.4 HP over stock. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (MoRaptor06 @ Sep 8 2008, 07:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11670
I have a buddy that had his KFX Dyno tuned friday. He has Dasa full exhaust, Dasa Intake no lid, PCIII, and new cams I believe stage II. They got his bike done which took about 1.5 hours, and he brought it home. Bike runs awsome pulls hard as hell, runs better than it ever has. I asked him what it Dynoed at and he said 40.9HP. Could this be right? Sounds a little low to me. Oh and he is running 111 octane fuel. I just have a hard time believing the mods he has and the bike being tuned correctly would only make 3.4 HP over stock. What do you guys think?
i know that an intake would make a big difference with those mods. and running 111 octane on a stock piston isn't helping. other than that im not sure whats going on there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
No those numbers do seem right but the dyno might be out of spec witch is okay if your just tuunering if you want accurate numbers I would be un happy with the results My team mate made around 48 with the same stuff except twobrothers. and stage three cams . no other mods which has changed now he has made some changes to his motor to bring him into the mid 50's I" ask him to post some charts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Did he have a baseline run before installing the new parts? The telling story is the increase over the baseline. Also tires make a difference as well as temp, climate, etc...these all effect the outcome so i like to look at before and after to measure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a perfect day to do the Dyno tuning. And yes they used the RazrII's that is on it. Which actually makes since because he is tuning it, not looking for the best #'s he can get. I told him that the 111 Fuel was not needed but he doesnt listen. No the bike was never dynoed before the parts were added. Which you know I was astonished by the lack of #'s but once i got to thinking about it every Dyno reads differant. So who knows. But it is tuned and he is happy with it. Guess thats all that counts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts