Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to this site. i bought a 450 about three mos. ago and have started doing some drag racing. still all stock, but have plans for the big 3. just wondering if this is the best set up. will the 15t front help out of the hole. at some point maybe some head work. who does that sort thing. i appreciate any feedback. thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yes the 15T helps a bunch, but my 450 with stock gearing and 22" tires (which also change the gearing) was the best mod I did to drag race short distnce 300'. Check with this guy, he currently has my motor and is developing cams for it. He's also one of the best when it comes to head porting. Forget all those big names, they seem to be overrated sometimes.
http://www.aftermidnightracing.com/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (PIPO @ May 22 2008, 05:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9313
Yes the 15T helps a bunch, but my 450 with stock gearing and 22" tires (which also change the gearing) was the best mod I did to drag race short distnce 300'. Check with this guy, he currently has my motor and is developing cams for it. He's also one of the best when it comes to head porting. Forget all those big names, they seem to be overrated sometimes.
http://www.aftermidnightracing.com/

THANKS FOR THE INFO. ALREADY INSTALLED NEW HOLESHOT XRC O3 20", SO THE GEARING WILL BE THE TICKET FOR ME. WHAT KIND OF CLASSES ARE YOU DRAG RACING AND HOW ARE YOU DOING? JUST RAN MY SECOND DRAG LAST WEEKEND. GOT THIRD IN STOCK CLASS. BEAT BY ANOTHER KFX AND A YAMIE. FIRST RACE I RAN, THERE WAS OVER 200 QUADS AND I WAS THE ONLY KFX 450. UNTIL MODS, DOES RUNNING WITH THE BAFFEL OUT AND LID OFF HELP?

·
Registered
27 Posts
if you run with the baffle out and lid removed i think you need to have a fuel injection module in order to keep it running its best, for a while i was running without the baffle and no air box and it just seemed to be messing up once in a while. im running factory again until i get my exhaust and fim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (azkfx @ May 22 2008, 01:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9325
if you run with the baffle out and lid removed i think you need to have a fuel injection module in order to keep it running its best, for a while i was running without the baffle and no air box and it just seemed to be messing up once in a while. im running factory again until i get my exhaust and fim

THAT WAS MY IMPRESSION. BIKE DIDN'T SEEM TO RUN ROUGH, BUT I RACED A KFX ALL STOCK WITH BAFFEL IN AND LID ON. HE WON.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It'll give more top end for sure..although i found that with all stock and just the 15 the bike struggled top of 4th & 5th..now with big 3 it's fine.. The 14 is great for the dunes as you really need as much power as possible

·
Registered
109 Posts
The 15t really helps with the major traction issue the kfx has stock with stock tires. The motor has a good amount of torque and the stock tires suck so until you get new tires a 15t wil help you get the traction you need, and also like offroadhunter said help out 4th and 5th gears.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts