Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that when I charge hard into tight corners my quad tries to roll up on two wheels. I have a completely stock front end, wheels and tires. I haven't been able to adjust this out with with spring, compression, and rebound. I was wondering what everyone has done to combat this problem.

Does anyone run a durablue anti-roll bar? I rode a stock 08 LTR an it steered heavy and had no roll issues.
I can't believe an extra couple inches of length in a-arms will cure this. I mean the Kawi already has a wide front end.

Is it in the suspension geometry/alignment? (caster,camber,toe)
Is it the stock tires? (too tall,round on top,tall sidewall)
Are the shocks too stiff, soft, just crap? (have tried adjusting and the rebound screw seems to function but don't feel a noticeable difference when adjusting compression on the fronts or rear, high speed included)
Will the anti-roll bar help?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
297 Posts
anti roll bars are mainly for flat track racing quads, the couple of extra inches that extended a arms offer do help. You've even seen the proof yourself by riding the ltr. New tires will help. Maxxis rarz 2's on the front.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Some of your issue is probably technique also. But like topdollr said the sway is mostly for flat track. I deally if your gonna spend th eextra cash on a-arms and an axle, go with a long travel front end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.