Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was riding my quad this weekend down a trail, held the clutch in and when i let it out i had to no juice from the battery. when you turn the key nothing happens, no nuetral lights or the fuel injection doesnt come on. i tryed charging battery, and checked fuses and everything seems to be fine. dealer around here cant look at it for like 2 weeks and i want to ride. any one have any ideas. thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would start at the basics, if you can check the battery for voltage. Then you can work your way out from there via fuses and grounds and such.

Have you tried pull starting it, if so what were the results?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that is what i am gonna do tomm afternoon. i tried pop starting when my friend was towing me home and it wouldnt stay running.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If your battery is too flat, there wont be enough power to run the fuel injection system.
Even if you try to tow start it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
problems all fixed, main fuse was blown, my friend and i only checked the two other fuses and not the main one, my rear light was loose and the wires frayed causing it to blow the fuse. 20 cents is def better than a new battery. thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the quad actually has a spare main fuse on it, right in front of the main of the main fuse. and you can easily take the hood off on a trail to fix it. wish i knew that though instead of gettting towed home.

·
Registered
111 Posts
QUOTE (brentflem @ Jun 5 2008, 05:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9643
the quad actually has a spare main fuse on it, right in front of the main of the main fuse. and you can easily take the hood off on a trail to fix it. wish i knew that though instead of getting towed home.

Chock it up to a lesson learned and ride on.

Glad it is fixed and was a simple fix.

·
Registered
14 Posts
lol that sux i had the same thing happened to me and it has happend a couple of times since so needless to say i carry like 5 fuses in my pocket every time i ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts