Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since heat plays such a huge factor in engine life I bought a product called Engine Ice for the coolant system. After reading about what it does I was sold. Does anybody else use this product, and if so does it do what it says it will do?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I had that in my Z400...I really can't say if it worked well or not but since I'm in the desert I figured it's worth the few dollars to try it out..I can that I never had any problem with the engine gettintg too hot after I put it in.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I noticed that my fan does not come on as much as it use to prior to switching to it. I have an in-line temp gauge and it was nice to go for a ride and see the temp was a bit lower when we were done. I am a fan of it and will continue to use it going forward in all of my quads.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Alot of facory race teams use water wetter by redline. Which is what I use in my bike also. It lubes the water pump seals on top of helping to cool your bike.

·
Registered
111 Posts
QUOTE (MXrider38 @ Aug 25 2008, 08:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11365
Alot of factory race teams use water wetter by redline. Which is what I use in my bike also. It lubes the water pump seals on top of helping to cool your bike.
I used to run water wetter to cool my PC back in the day it is a solid product and for most folks on here will work just fine. If you live up north in the colder weather I would stay away from water wetter as a proper mix of it requires distilled water and it may freeze on you.

Several folks I know that drag race cars and bikes swear by evens but, at $32 a gallon I am not willing to try it out.

We all know keeping the engine cool has noticeable effects on performance and durability. So I think any of the three will be better then what is in there from the factory.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Especially when you have a fully built motor. I also have pwr radiator and hoses. Also waiting for the boyesen high flow water pump to come out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts