Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed the oil in my KFX450 and since there isnt a dipstick im a little worried that i over did it or didnt put enough in, whats your guys method of getting it just right?

Thanks

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (VashUG @ Jun 23 2008, 01:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9936
I just changed the oil in my KFX450 and since there isnt a dipstick im a little worried that i over did it or didnt put enough in, whats your guys method of getting it just right?

Thanks
Manual states 1.27 quarts when changed with a new oil filter (hopefully you change this everytime as well), I nomrally put in a little less and watch the fill window..soon as it's about 1/3 filled i stop there

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol wow my fill window is completly full guess thats bad XD and yes i change my filter everytime, im dumb but smart enough to know that

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright well i put enough in to where its just barely, i'd say, below halfway hope thats good enoug

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thats where i try to get it to as well..its easier to put less in and have to add.. I've had to drain oil from being asleep at the wheel and its no fun!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was washing my bike today and my lil boy loves to help me wash it and I turned my head for a few seconds and when I turned around he had the hose in my pipe, hes 3 1/2 so he didn't know what he was doing but i tipped it up let the warer run out and tried to start it and it locked up...I drained the oil and it turns over, I'm going to get more oil and a new oil filter tomorrow,,,what should I do now tho? Change oil once or a couple times? Help lol!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Add 1.5 quarts exactly with filter change. I know it sounds like too much, but it's right. I also change my filter everytime. The sight glass will show oil to the top.

·
Registered
36 Posts
QUOTE (CarFanatic @ Aug 20 2008, 07:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11227
the manual says the site glass should be half full or a little higher. all full is to much!

Mine is full, Even after I got it from the dealer from the first and second service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts