Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
falicon makes awesome cranks. but there like a grand? I ran a hot rod in my yfz and plan to put one in the kfx. Ran it with a 13.5:1 piston and had no problems with it. Im sure it would be fine on the kawi. and save your self money. Falicons are good if your running 70hp motors. but a 50-55hp motor u would never need that strong of a crank

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to Falicon and there knife rod is around $300 with all parts ready for install but they didn't have any ready. I also checked with Hot Rod and they did not have a rod ready for sell yet so I put my motor back together and Im gonna get it dynoed as is to see where I am at. My search for a rod has went in circle so far. I've talked to some companies and they say that the stock is ok to around 50 to 53HP range or 13:1 compression or less. Others tell me that it is a must when modifying the motor. My plan is to decide what to do after the Indy parts show so I can see if anything else comes out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.