Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm having a problem with losing nuts and bolts on my kfx. just about every trip, i go out riding and i get back and notice that it's missing a bolt somewhere. now i have 3 things missing. the first to go was a bolt holding the plastic on under the seat by the fuel tank, the second was one of the nuts on the brake light assembly, and the third was a bolt holding the right side heel guard to the peg. i used zip ties temporarily until i make a trip to the hardware store. so i'm just curious if anyone else has had this kind of problem? it's getting kind of frustrating :angry:

·
Registered
420 Posts
i did also just got a 09 kawi monster eddition first ride out lost a fender bolt 2nd ride out lost another fender bolt and my shifter lever bolt was really loose too!since then ive gone threw all the bolts on the body,frame,etc locktighted some and just tightend others ive now been out 3 or 4 times and havnt noticed any loose or missing yet!its a good habbit before ya ride give it a quick check and tightn as needed!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya but the thing with the fender bolts is the nuts on the inside of the frame just spin and never get tight. i read that other people have had that problem but i don't remember how they fixed it

·
Registered
420 Posts
are those the ones w/ the rubber type nuts?you can try holden them and tighten the bolts at the same time to stop them from spinning also throw a little lock tight in there !or replace w/ a locking type nut and or washer

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (AdaM @ Jan 5 2009, 06:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15468
i'm having a problem with losing nuts and bolts on my kfx. just about every trip, i go out riding and i get back and notice that it's missing a bolt somewhere. now i have 3 things missing. the first to go was a bolt holding the plastic on under the seat by the fuel tank, the second was one of the nuts on the brake light assembly, and the third was a bolt holding the right side heel guard to the peg. i used zip ties temporarily until i make a trip to the hardware store. so i'm just curious if anyone else has had this kind of problem? it's getting kind of frustrating :angry:
i bought a 09 kfx 450 monster edition and noticed that something was radleing on my way home. here i lost four bolts, nothing to important. i went through and tightened every thing, i aint had a problem since.

·
Registered
141 Posts
QUOTE (AdaM @ Jan 5 2009, 07:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15471
ya but the thing with the fender bolts is the nuts on the inside of the frame just spin and never get tight. i read that other people have had that problem but i don't remember how they fixed it
I had the same problem with the rubber fasteners and the rear tail light.

My upper left rubber nut ripped... but even if it hadn't... it would not get tight and the light buzzed up against my plastics.

What I did was buy some nylock nuts and some bonded neoprene washers.
(shaped washers with neoprene bonded to them...

I guess I should make a write-up and post it here about how I did it....

·
Registered
30 Posts
My First week with my quad my back fender was falling off and I Cant keep any skid plates on mine they all rattle loose even when loctite ed on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts