Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry im new to all this and was wondering what all the talk about the "map" for exhaust or power commander.
thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
QUOTE (kxf450tough @ Apr 27 2008, 08:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8425
sorry im new to all this and was wondering what all the talk about the "map" for exhaust or power commander.
thanks
When people say "Map" they are talking about the fuel map. Since the kfx's are fuel injected they use a fuel map to show how much fuel is delivered to the engine, at any point through out the rpm/throttle range. People get custom maps done after they gets mods like an intake or exhaust to "rejet", like a carb needs after mods. And in my opinion it is much easier to change some numbers on a fuel map then it is to rejet a carb.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (william @ Apr 28 2008, 10:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8435
When people say "Map" they are talking about the fuel map. Since the kfx's are fuel injected they use a fuel map to show how much fuel is delivered to the engine, at any point through out the rpm/throttle range. People get custom maps done after they gets mods like an intake or exhaust to "rejet", like a carb needs after mods. And in my opinion it is much easier to change some numbers on a fuel map then it is to rejet a carb.
So if i get an exhaust does that mean i have to get a power commander to re map.

·
Registered
75 Posts
basically yea. depending on the exhaust you will need to find an appropriate map. which everyone from here can help too =]

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (k4f5x0r @ Apr 28 2008, 08:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8452
Im not to sure on that one. Id figure to run something simlar to dasa but im not positive so dont hold me to it. id say ask fuelATV as he has used it before.
I would give NMOTION a call,They should have one the can send you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts