Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's at Budds Creek. The only difference between this bike and a factory is that dasa built this motor and proc circuit builds the factory motors, and I think the factory may have switched from elka to fox. When I talked to his dad to buy it I was told that they used this bike together with Kawasaki to test the suspension set up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are funny about quads. You can rent the track, but at one time it was for bikes only. Not sure if they have changed that or not. Thankfully my family is in good with the owners, so anytime there isn't anything going on I can go over there and ride. We will have to get together and hit i tup. I can usually take a few people. Bad part is I need to pull the motor on my bike to get the falicon crank put in before the crank is on the outside. lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Damn nice machine and that track looks sweet.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We don't usually do too much. Budss Creek has like a hangover race the weeknd after new years every year, but other than that and maybe som ehere and there down in Va. and NC dont do too much. We usually race the district 7 gold series, and hit 4 to 5 nationals. Seaford, De is another fun track to ride at. also. I haven't been there in a while though and I know they change it alot so may not be good anymore.

·
Registered
66 Posts
QUOTE (05greenmachine @ Dec 2 2008, 07:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15140
^^ thats because this is the one from your quad poster. not sure if its the same exact bike but its from the same person and built the same. Its Cyle Chislocks bike.
wait until i get a chance to take pics of my new bike(s). I just bought 2 of JOSH CREAMERS factory bikes!!! the graphics and a few other small minor changes will be made to make it unique to my liking but they are both creamers bikes, one race, one practice bike!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
how long have you had it and how many hours do you have on your race motor cause im hereing that im suppost to put new rod in every 10- 15 hours.........do you do that or not.... jsut curious cause ive got 21 hours on my factory kawi.....got russell shumakers factory quad......

·
Registered
66 Posts
QUOTE (motorcrossboy183 @ Jan 14 2009, 04:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15617
how long have you had it and how many hours do you have on your race motor cause im hereing that im suppost to put new rod in every 10- 15 hours.........do you do that or not.... jsut curious cause ive got 21 hours on my factory kawi.....got russell shumakers factory quad......
for a factory race bike, i do every 10 hours, my practice bike with less mods gets 12 hours. If you have 21 hours on yours i wouldnt even start it back up until its got a new crank!! if you do, it could be the last time you hear that motor run! Also idk who told you 10-15, theres no way i would race my race bike for 15 without changing the crank, 10 is the limit, after that your just asking for trouble

·
Registered
66 Posts
QUOTE (motorcrossboy183 @ Jan 14 2009, 04:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15619
should i put a complete stock crank in it and piston and rings or just put rings and a rod.........if so wat all should i get or wat runs the best in them and last the longest let me kno if u dont care............thanks
Well the crank will need to be changed every 10 hours anyways, and when i replace the crank, i always replace the piston at the same time. No piston will wear out faster than 10 hours, so install a new OEM crank, and you could put in another pro circuit 13.5.1 piston and rings, she'l scream. Thats what i would do/am planning on doing to my factory race bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.