Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a kfx450r and was wondering whats the deal with the first service. I have heard from several people that it is a rip off and that only an oil change really gets done. I also heard that it is requierd to be done or my whopping 6 month factory warrenty is void. If only an oil change is performed I would rather avoid paying around $250 for an oil change.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Dealer claims the tighten all the cables, adjust the brakes, etc...but...it's mostly an oil change.. I've was also told by the dealer that you have the have the first service done there or the warranty is void but you can call kawi customer service and see what they say 949 460-5688

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Mar 17 2009, 11:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16508
Dealer claims the tighten all the cables, adjust the brakes, etc...but...it's mostly an oil change.. I've was also told by the dealer that you have the have the first service done there or the warranty is void but you can call kawi customer service and see what they say 949 460-5688
hey thanks for the info guys. Just got off the phone with customer service and they told me that I can do the first service myself and to save the receit's for any oil filters,etc and that would be ok.

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE (kfx450rTom @ Mar 18 2009, 05:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16518
hey thanks for the info guys. Just got off the phone with customer service and they told me that I can do the first service myself and to save the receit's for any oil filters,etc and that would be ok.
I've never taken my quad in for an oil change and had lots of warranty work done and they've never hasseled me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts