Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been able to find a map for this pipe on the factory website. Not sure if they have one for the PC3 or I just can't navigate the site very well. Has anyone heard of one or does anyone evevn use this brand. Asking since I liked this pipe on my z400 and was thinking of it for the 450

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a full yosh pipe & i'm useing the LTE mapping. Play around with the few maps that they have.Your going to do trial& error just like jetting a carb. Keep in mind the pc3 isn't water proof. I have mine wrapped in bubble wrap & duct tape. I've already had to get 1 replaced.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
was planning on putting it under the seat where the tool kit goes not sure if that will fit but should help out some. You think usuing some clear silicone would help out any on the outside of the plugs and case

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have the fmf 4.1 w/mega bomb and use the dasa/air box off at sea level and it works.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. Thank you for the info on the map i can use for it was planning on the full system. You think there would be much difference between getting the mega over the power bomb.

·
Registered
26 Posts
QUOTE (TexasKFX @ Jan 23 2008, 12:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5585
Ok. Thank you for the info on the map i can use for it was planning on the full system. You think there would be much difference between getting the mega over the power bomb.

I dont think so but if your dealing with db levels for dunes or racing it might be worth it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not for dunes really more for a riding area that im not even sure of what they consider loud. They said they had some real loud pipes out there but never mentioned a required level and since fmf is not to bad from what my z400 was don't think there will be much prob. And might get the spark arrester which on the seemed to cut down also on the db by a few maybe about 3 or so but oh well. Have yet to see an area requires them anyway. But i got my PC3 today in now just have to wait on taxes to get the mega and the option LCD for the PC3.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have mine under the seat where the tools used to be. I took a dremel & cut it out so it sits flush. I highly advise you to wrap it. I tried silicone with the first one. It doesn't work.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I took A piece of bubble wrap about 1 foot by 1foot. I wrapped it around the face of it and taped under the bottom of it. roll the sides in and tape them. an tape what's left around the wire. I can psot some pics tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts